The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

It would be interesting for sure, but Biden obviously shouldn't do it.

I listen to his podcasts when he has someone interesting on. It's very clear from the handful of times the subject has been broached Rogan is not impartial in his beliefs on Biden. He's one of those cognitive decline truthers, can't back it up when asked with anything but BS conjecture you could probably find your dumbest classmate in high school reposting on Facebook and yet somehow hand waves away any concerns about Trump.

Very clear to me Rogan is not capable of fairly calling balls vs. strikes between the two men.

I think Rogan would be WAY better than the timid debate questions we've had for years. It isn't the moderator's job to call balls and strikes but instead to ask the questions. Sure, there's bias in what and how the questions get asked, but that's as true for MSM as for Joe Rogan.

• Fire 1

“I’ve had requests from all of them,” he continued. “Biden, Warren, Mayor Pete.”

“How do you resist that sh*t?” Dore asked.

“Because I’m gonna have my friends. I’d rather talk to my friends,” Rogan responded, appearing to suggest he has no plans to speak to any other presidential candidates.

Rogen could have had Biden on but denied his request. I would have liked to see it. IDK if Rogan is really wanting to do anything this serious though...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

“I’ve had requests from all of them,” he continued. “Biden, Warren, Mayor Pete.”

“How do you resist that sh*t?” Dore asked.

“Because I’m gonna have my friends. I’d rather talk to my friends,” Rogan responded, appearing to suggest he has no plans to speak to any other presidential candidates.

Rogen could have had Biden on but denied his request. I would have liked to see it. IDK if Rogan is really wanting to do anything this serious though...

Doesn't he make a fortune off his podcast anyway?  I guess if i was him I would rather have Corey Feldman on and have fun talking about the 80's and being 16, doing blow, and hanging with strippers instead of asking questions to Joe and Don.  (i suppose Don could share some stripper stories too)

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Doesn't he make a fortune off his podcast anyway?  I guess if i was him I would rather have Corey Feldman on and have fun talking about the 80's and being 16, doing blow, and hanging with strippers instead of asking questions to Joe and Don.  (i suppose Don could share some stripper stories too)

He also said "I'm Pro-Trump", in the debate offer, not sure Biden team is beating down the door to have him moderate a debate.

His podcasts and stand-up entertain me though. Also worth mentioning that most Rogan's base cross over with a lot of Trump's base.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

He also said "I'm Pro-Trump", in the debate offer, not sure Biden team is beating down the door to have him moderate a debate.

His podcasts and stand-up entertain me though. Also worth mentioning that most Rogan's base cross over with a lot of Trump's base.

I have liked the few podcasts I have heard/watched.  I have never really seen his standup. 

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Trump campaign digital ad -   without doing research they use stock photos of Russian jets  --  there such a strong sense of irony in that error --- esp in light of the targeting our soldiers claim in Afghanistan 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/trump-ad-asks-people-to-support-the-troops-but-it-uses-a-picture-of-russian-jets-414883

ad.JPG

I am guessing that a VERY small percentage of folks could tell the difference between US soldier silhouettes/planes/weapons versus Russian soldier silhouettes/planes/weapons 

• Plus1 1

I generally like listening to Rogan (usually just snippets though), but he would not be appropriate to moderate a presidential debate. He is not a journalist, and he has fully acknowledged that he is not the most informed guy when it comes to politics. 

He's smart and entertaining, and while he says he leans liberal there is a lot about him that appeals to the right. But a serious debate should be moderated by a serious journalist, not an entertainer. If Joe Rogan moderates a debate, we might as well have the ladies from the View host the Town Hall session.

• Plus1 1
On 9/15/2020 at 1:42 PM, DevoHusker said:

I am guessing that a VERY small percentage of folks could tell the difference between US soldier silhouettes/planes/weapons versus Russian soldier silhouettes/planes/weapons 

I know my war planes and at first glance I wouldn't have know the silhouette wasn't an F 15. It looks similar but the vertical stabilizers and pylons on the wings are all wrong. The soldier was very obvious. We're beat over the head with what our soldiers look like. You can tell the right guy has a head scarf on, his pants are way too baggy, and the gun isn't American. The guy on the left looks wrong too.

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I'm guessing the right people could, though. 

There is zero chance this is an accident. None of these are American troops, equipment or planes. Maybe if one of the images was wrong, maybe you could chalk that up to chance. All of them? No chance. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There is zero chance this is an accident. None of these are American troops, equipment or planes. Maybe if one of the images was wrong, maybe you could chalk that up to chance. All of them? No chance. 

wasn't it last year when someone from the administration tweeted happy birthday to the navy...and used a picture of a russian battle cruiser?

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would love for someone to be able to search the web for the actual phone they came from.  Then, we could see how obvious it was to whomever put it together that they aren't American.

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would agree with your take that it was not a simple mistake. I guess the point I was trying to make was that 98% of people that saw it thought "cool pic" or "darn right I support our troops" and had no idea. 

• Plus1 1