The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Boomerang?

Was it?

No, I looked it up

The Distinguished Gentleman

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

WTF is up with you?  I'm not pissed off. 

I said people wouldn't be happy about it.  I'm still voting Biden so stop trying to push me into some group you can attack to fit some narrative.

Ha...Are you new here?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

WTF is up with you?  I'm not pissed off. 

I said people wouldn't be happy about it.  I also said Biden was dumb for doing it.

I'm still voting Biden so stop trying to push me into some group you can attack to fit some narrative.

I'm not remotely alone in this thread thinking this touches a nerve with you. It's like everyone thinking Redux is a Trump supporter - if it was just me, I could see that I misunderstood. When it's everyone wellllllll........

Speaking of Redux, where is he?  I miss our favorite Tulsi Gabbard supporter.

13 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Does it matter? 

* hint....it doesn't to people involved in the Social movement Bernie started.

Using that slogan that stood for every policy Bernie stood for and trying to drum up support without any concessions is a dumb strategy.  From the email:

He's made ZERO move to appeal to Bernie supporters and then they see the entire movement slogan used in his fundraising email.  They will consider this a slap in the face.

I'm not outraged...I'm telling you that, based on my experience with the Sanders campaign, many people will be outraged and disgusted.

Everyone should vote how they see fit.

That doesn't mean the reality of the results I posted is wrong.

Let's see...weighing the options.  Be upset that Biden used a phrase...or...prevent 4 more years.

Hmmmm.......That's a tough one.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Was it?

No, I looked it up

The Distinguished Gentleman

That's right!  Where he basically stole the dead guys campaign, that was a great movie I forgot about!

It's been a while since I've seen "Boomerang" but I thought I remembered Robin Givens (wow!) taking credit for some advertising idea that Murphy's character came up with.

I might spend my afternoon watching old 90s movies!

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Which ones? I read through the list and it seems accurate for Bernie, Biden, and Trump.

Just off the top of my head, it's ludicrous to say Biden doesn't support unions, doesn't oppose Citizens United and doesn't support humane immigration policies and a path to citizenship. He's for things like increasing public funding of elections and a $15 minimum wage as well. Ironically, on "eco taxes" Biden supports a carbon tax, which the Greens appear to and Bernie does not.

Social media is awash with these infographics devised to influence people. A lot of them feature a lot of misinformation.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That's right!  Where he basically stole the dead guys campaign, that was a great movie I forgot about!

It's been a while since I've seen "Boomerang" but I thought I remembered Robin Givens (wow!) taking credit for some advertising idea that Murphy's character came up with.

I might spend my afternoon watching old 90s movies!

Oh my god, Givens was basically fire before people used that word to describe hot girls...

Also, she is the true champ, she knocked the f#&% out of Tyson!  Ha

I might watch that movie today too.  While checking back here to watch posters that agree with each other argue about how much they agree!

7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm still voting Biden so stop trying to push me into some group you can attack to fit some narrative.  Stop trying to make this ABOUT ME.  Talk about what Biden did and if it is smart or not.

OK. Biden just got endorsed by Bernie. So he shot out an email giving a nod to that.

It's not really some gaffe. It's just pretty standard fare in politics.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

What touches a nerve with me is people insisting that I'm immediately outraged at it when I put a facepalm emoji.  That's what actually happened.

Dude, it is the modus operandi!

You post...they react to it as if you are pissed.

You defend yourself and that makes them think you are more pissed.

You call them out for being pissed and they reply that they have "never been calmer" or that "everyone can tell you are the one that is pissed"

Message Board 101 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

You call them out for being pissed and they reply that they have "never been calmer" or that "everyone can tell you are the one that is pissed"

Message Board 101 

You sound upset!

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Message Board 101 

2c6.gif

• Haha 3