The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's not a gaffe, but it shows a nonchalantness about Bernie's social movement.  He's trying to appeal to Bernie's base and using that phrase which stands for every policy they believe in...and him giving ZERO concessions to policy they can get behind...is a faux pas.  Many in the movement will see this as a money grab and nothing more.

I think he's had 2 chances to really make headway with Bernies base and he's blown both of them big time.

And, their reaction is evidence of the attitude that prevented Bernie from getting the nomination.  He was way too much of..."it's my way or no way at all because if it's not my way then the world is going to come to an end....bla...bla...bla..."  There's no half way or moderation with these people.  That turns one hell of a lot of people off.  That's the attitude we see with Trumpers and now we see it with Bernie Bros.  

4 more years....

4 more years....

4 more years....

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's not a gaffe, but it shows a nonchalantness about Bernie's social movement.  He's trying to appeal to Bernie's base and using that phrase which stands for every policy they believe in...and him giving ZERO concessions to policy they can get behind...is a faux pas.  Many in the movement will see this as a money grab and nothing more.

I think he's had 2 chances to really make headway with Bernies base and he's blown both of them big time.

That's your opinion and that's fine. He's adopted two of Bernie's ideas so far and formed 6 task forces which will hopefully produce more fruit. 

What chances are you thinking of? 

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

It doesn't matter what their attitude is...it matters what Biden is doing to entice them to vote for him.

Ummmm.....

A)  It doesn't matter what their attitude is.

B)  Their attitude is preventing them from seeing that a moderate candidate is better than Trump.

1 minute ago, commando said:

i am very anti trump...but i am starting to see how crazy some of these progressives are.  maybe a packed court is the best thing we have to stop them.  what is worse?  trump or these militant progressives?

Oh yeah, the super progs are insane.  Usually the good news is that they are only insane when they are around other super progs.  They (usually) can be normal in your everyday social situations.  

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not even a little bit.  The two things he's put out there as 'moving left' aren't even a shuffle step in that direction.  More like a quarter shuffle trip to the north west.

He's got to do better...15 dollar minimum wage is nice and all but it's not even one of the top issues on voters minds.  Healthcare.  Climate.  Immigration.  Those are the things people have at the top.

It's really interesting how you keep telling people that things are just their opinion, but you make statements like these on behalf of the progressive movement as if we're just supposed to accept them as fact. 

You don't speak for progressives. You don't know that these overtures aren't good enough. You don't know that people won't see Biden as a Big Tent guy for embracing these things.

Interesting.

• Plus1 1

I mean it is kinda tacky that Biden is using Bernies slogan to try and get Bernie supporters to donate to his campaign. Newsflash, they wont. And just because they wont donate doesnt mean they wont vote for him. Im not giving a cent to Biden. I wont text for Biden. I wont canvass for Biden. I wont spend any of my time getting people to vote for Biden. I will vote for Biden on Nov 3. Thats it. His billionaire friends can take care of the fundraising and GOTV efforts. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean it is kinda tacky that Biden is using Bernies slogan to try and get Bernie supporters to donate to his campaign. Newsflash, they wont. And just because they wont donate doesnt mean they wont vote for him. Im not giving a cent to Biden. I wont text for Biden. I wont canvass for Biden. I wont spend any of my time getting people to vote for Biden. I will vote for Biden on Nov 3. Thats it. His billionaire friends can take care of the fundraising and GOTV efforts. 

All righty then ..... we'll see how that works out in Nov if all Bernie supports have that same attitude.   But I'll give you credit - at least you said you'd vote for him.

8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not even a little bit.  The two things he's put out there as 'moving left' aren't even a shuffle step in that direction.  More like a quarter shuffle trip to the north west.

He's got to do better...15 dollar minimum wage is nice and all but it's not even one of the top issues on voters minds.  Healthcare.  Climate.  Immigration.  Those are the things people have at the top.

What specifically in these areas do you think is fair enough left to get these people on board?

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

All righty then ..... we'll see how that works out in Nov if all Bernie supports have that same attitude.   But I'll give you credit - at least you said you'd vote for him.

Will you donate to Biden? Text for him? Go knock doors for him? Does he inspire you to want to take time away from your day to day life to help him win?

18 minutes ago, commando said:

i am very anti trump...but i am starting to see how crazy some of these progressives are.  maybe a packed court is the best thing we have to stop them.  what is worse?  trump or these militant progressives?

This is the world we live in.  In a post somewhere here, I talked about a friend freaking out about Obama filling out a NCAA bracket on TV and how his time should be spent more wisely.  This friend always talked about "crazy" liberals and not giving America over to them.  Don't get me wrong, he is a "crazy" conservative.  But I started to realize the people that he was talking about.  

The thing about a spectrum is there is a gradient of beliefs.  Some fall far right and others far left.  Most people understand that there is calculus involved in developing a platform and what needs to be set as priorities.  But social media has given a voice to the far ends of the spectrums.  I think this is more dangerous than FoxNews (although FoxNews is trying to do the calculus of their viewers consuming social media).

I know it is against the 1st amendment and will never happen, but I would love for Twitter and Facebook to be gone tomorrow.  I don't give two s#!ts about what you watched on TV last night or where you went on vacation.  If I really cared, I'd call you and make a point to ask...