Jump to content

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

 

And now they're fielding a guy who has pretty obvious signs of dementia. The videos floating around of him not even being able to remember the second word in "America First" is hard to watch.

 

And I suspect this is why it feels like the Democrats aren't even fielding a candidate right now. We're T-minus four months until the vote!

 

If they push hard for not having televised debates "due to COVID," that will pretty much confirm it for me personally. 

have you seen videos of dementia donnie floating around out there?

Share this post


Link to post

  • Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BigRedBuster

    1223

  • knapplc

    1177

  • Danny Bateman

    1045

  • RedDenver

    925

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly not understand the difference between someone who said something stupid as an off color joke one time and some one who: Has been sued twice for housing discrimination against A

He is.

I honestly don't know what will happen tomorrow. But if Joe Biden wins, you will be allowed to own all the guns you want, worship your God however you want, and hate whomever you want in the privacy o

Posted Images

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Democrats were able to try & convict multiple Trump associates. Why can't Trump do that for the "real" criminals? 

 

Agreed - this is a logical take.

 

The Q'ers keep saying it'll happen right before the election, etc...time's ticking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, commando said:

have you seen videos of dementia donnie floating around out there?

 

Yep. I mean, they're both super old guys.

 

However, this does not in any way undermine my original point. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Undone said:

 

Yep. I mean, they're both super old guys.

 

However, this does not in any way undermine my original point. 

Really???  You're saying that the Democrats are clearly putting up a guy who's suffering from dementia.....while ignoring the fact that a) they are cleverly cropped videos and...b) the guy has suffered from stuttering all his life and that's a symptom of that....and has nothing to do with his mental capacity.

 

But...you're falling for the propaganda like a fish begging for water.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

That's the point Q was trying to make, though. Studies have shown time and again women have it harder in politics because they're perceived as vaguely unlikable and that involves varying degrees of subconscious misogyny

 

Clinton had higher unfavorability eventually than any other women and was uniquely susceptible to the GOP muck machine because she had several decades to stew in the attacks they levied at her.

 

Biden, OTOH, is showing the Teflon property Trump seemed to have in 2016. None of the attacks against him are sticking.

 

I can guarantee you I have no misogynistic ill-will toward women in politics. Hillary is not representative of all women. She is a woman, but she is also her unique self. She owns that, and the fallout that comes with it. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....just stop.  Have you seen the videos of Trump not even being able to give a teleprompter speech?

This line of idiotic propaganda is just embarrassing that you're even falling for it.

 

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. He's showing obvious signs of cognitive difficulties.

 

How about the videos of Joe inappropriate touching children in plain sight and those types of allegations against him from his past?

I'm not plugging Trump here. I'm making an observation on how difficult it apparently is to field a candidate these days. It's almost as if there aren't any good candidates to even field, one might even surmise.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post

if we are to believe donnie that covid is a hoax....are we also to believe him that windmills cause cancer?  :dunno

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm not plugging Trump here.

 

Eh. The silence is getting a little loud.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...this is where I get frustrated in these conversations.  It's no different than when people didn't like Obama or his policies and the Dems tried to claim it's because of racism.  Sure, there's some of that.  But, I can still not like his policies without being racist. 

There are one hell of a lot of people who just flat out don't like Hillary and it has nothing to do with her being a woman.  Your second paragraph is probably a large part of that.  Sure, there's idiots that are never going to vote for a woman.  But, that's not the majority reason why she lost. She just simply was the worst candidate the Dems could have possibly put up....and we have all been paying for it since.

 

I get where you're coming from but I disagree, in part. I think likability and gender for politicians are inherently linked. I don't know how strong the association is and obviously there are other factors at play but there's science that bears this stuff out.

 

I can't post any right now because my phone is at 2% battery in the car but I'll try to post some later.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

I can guarantee you I have no misogynistic ill-will toward women in politics. Hillary is not representative of all women. She is a woman, but she is also her unique self. She owns that, and the fallout that comes with it. 

 

 

 

Of course she does.

 

I'm not trying to accuse either of you of being sexist or misogynist or anything unsavory. 

 

I do think sex shapes our views of pols subtly at a societal level, generally subconsciously. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I can't post any right now because my phone is at 2% battery in the car but I'll try to post some later.

 

NO POSTING WHILE DRIVING!! 

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Undone said:

 

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. He's showing obvious signs of cognitive difficulties.

 

How about the videos of Joe inappropriate touching children in plain sight and those types of allegations against him from his past?

I'm not plugging Trump here. I'm making an observation on how difficult it apparently is to field a candidate these days. It's almost as if there aren't any good candidates to even field, one might even surmise.

I would like better than these too also.  But....the right has done some very creative editing of interviews...etc. to make it look like Biden is losing his mind.  When you see the clip not out of context, it's no where like what they are claiming.

 

And....from your posts....you're falling for their propaganda.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

 

I get where you're coming from but I disagree, in part. I think likability and gender for politicians are inherently linked. I don't know how strong the association is and obviously there are other factors at play but there's science that bears this stuff out.

 

I can't post any right now because my phone is at 2% battery in the car but I'll try to post some later.

So, now no woman can be disliked in politics because then it's clearly because of her gender.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, now no woman can be disliked in politics because then it's clearly because of her gender.

 

It is a factor, yes.

 

Obviously some (cough cough Clinton) are more susceptible to it. But she also had other problems separate from gender.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

NO POSTING WHILE DRIVING!! 

 

 

 

Don't worry I'm passengering today. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

But she also had other problems separate from gender.

And, those were much bigger than the problem with her gender.

Share this post


Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...