The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Would be 79 years old at inauguration. Love the guy, but that's just too old.

People keep saying this, but I don't hear the same stuff said about Pelosi, Trump, Biden, or Elizabeth Warren. And I don't think any age number is too old, let's see if Bernie (or whoever) still has it during the campaign and then decide.

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not for too much longer. Millennial generation already has more voters than the Boomers and it's only going to continue to shift to the younger generations.

I thought the election 2 years ago was crazy...this upcoming one is going to be even crazier!  I can't wait!

27 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not for too much longer. Millennial generation already has more voters than the Boomers and it's only going to continue to shift to the younger generations.

People have underestimated the "Right" vote before. I assure you that traditional conservative values are alive and well among young people.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

People have underestimated the "Right" vote before. I assure you that traditional conservative values are alive and well among young people.

I wasn't talking about right or left, but rather the older generation and how they consume their news vs the younger generation.

But polling disagrees with you on how conservative young people are:

http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/01/the-generation-gap-in-american-politics/

Millennials are the only generation in which a majority (57%) holds consistently liberal (25%) or mostly liberal (32%) positions across these measures. Just 12% have consistently or mostly conservative attitudes, the lowest of any generation. Another 31% of Millennials have a mix of conservative and liberal views.

Among Gen Xers and Boomers, larger shares also express consistently or mostly liberal views than have conservative positions. Silents are the only generation in which those with consistently or mostly conservative views (40%) outnumber those with liberal attitudes (28%).