A Husker unlike any other

Former SEAL eagerly meets his next challenge as a Husker football player
BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON Lincoln Journal Star 17 hrs ago

He was out to dinner with his mother and older brother, this not long after he'd arrived home from being deployed in Yemen, when Damian Jackson said something no one at the table saw coming.
He was going to play college football. He was going to play college football despite the fact he'd never worn a football helmet before. Never played a game in high school. Never played a game in Pop Warner. Never even attended a football game.

LINK

So much respect for these guys and what they do. Proud he's on our team

Edited by NUance
I added a bit of the article to the OP. +1
  • Fire 3

Former SEAL eagerly meets his next challenge as a Husker football player
BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON Lincoln Journal Star 17 hrs ago

He was out to dinner with his mother and older brother, this not long after he'd arrived home from being deployed in Yemen, when Damian Jackson said something no one at the table saw coming.
He was going to play college football. He was going to play college football despite the fact he'd never worn a football helmet before. Never played a game in high school. Never played a game in Pop Warner. Never even attended a football game.

LINK

So much respect for these guys and what they do. Proud he's on our team

We've seen a lot of cool walk-on stories over the years. This might be the best. Sure hope he makes it onto the field. :thumbs:

Years back, it seemed common for football players and teams to call themselves warriors. Nebraska now has a true warrior on the roster, hoping his talent will allow him to see the field. But my guess is, his attitude and determination will help this team in more ways than one. Fantastic story, and thanking the staff for giving someone that was willing to give all a chance at his dream. Good luck young man.

• Fire 2

I read the story, a very interesting guy, picturing him as a programmer is kind of difficult. Comp Sci. is a tough major but I'm sure he'll excel at that too. I can't remember the last D-1 college player I heard majoring in Comp. Sci.

Ya, most of them are pretty stupid. Engineering, pre-med, etc are pretty easy majors. Btw, most D1 college football players are on the sideline.

I read the story, a very interesting guy, picturing him as a programmer is kind of difficult. Comp Sci. is a tough major but I'm sure he'll excel at that too. I can't remember the last D-1 college player I heard majoring in Comp. Sci.

Ya, most of them are pretty stupid. Engineering, pre-med, etc are pretty easy majors. Btw, most D1 college football players are on the sideline.
Maybe the CS that this guy is majoring in is Calisthenics Studies. #SiliconValley