The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

On 10/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, BigRedBuster said:

@Ric Flair I admit its a bit ridiculous of a question, but lying under oathe is lying under oathe, which Kavanaugh did. Due process is reserved for criminal trials, this is a job interview. Interviewers don't abide by innocent until proven guilty, in fact they are usually trying to sniff out any potential character flaws.

• Plus1 4

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You’re just parroting what you’re reading online. Kavanaugh and Ford already testified at length and under oath. There is nothing more to be learned from them. Ford’s alleged witnesses have said they have no idea what she’s talking about. Debbie Ramirez was, as recently as a couple of weeks ago, calling friends to see if they remembered who pulled his pants down at a party and whether it might have been Breet Kavanaugh. Julie Swetnick’s claims are insane and she has a history that indicates she may have some issues.

There is simply no THERE THERE. There’s no evidence to support any of these allegations. PERIOD.

Hopefully all of those shrieking protestors have something else to do now that their campaign to have an innocent man punished for a crime he didn’t commit has failed.

You're just parroting Sean Hannity, word for word.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

@Ric Flair I admit its a bit ridiculous of a question, but lying under oathe is lying under oathe, which Kavanaugh did. Due process is reserved for criminal trials, this is a job interview. Interviewers don't abide by innocent until proven guilty, in fact they are usually trying to sniff out any potential character flaws.

It’s spelled oath, just FYI. And the notion he LIED about the meanings of those terms has been definitively debunked by classmates who backup his definitions. Unsurprisingly, both terms had different and varied definitions 36 or so years ago.

“Devil’s Triangle’ was a drinking game we came up with in high school,” wrote four graduates of the D.C. prep school in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee. “It was a variation on the game ‘Quarters.’ When we played ‘Devil’s Triangle,’ four people sat at a table. On the table, three small glasses of beer were arranged next to one another to form a triangle. Each of the four participants took turns being the ‘shooter.’ The shooter attempted to bounce a quarter into one of the glasses.”

We do not remember the exact origin of the name, but none of us used the phrase ‘Devil’s Triangle’ in our yearbook to refer to any kind of sexual activity,” continued the Georgetown Prep alumni. “To us, it was just a game with glasses in the shape of a triangle. If the phrase ‘Devil’s Triangle’ had any sexual meaning in the early 1980s, we did not know it.”

https://observer.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaughs-classmates-say-devils-triangle-really-was-a-drinking-game/

14 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You're just parroting Sean Hannity, word for word.

I don’t even watch Sean Hannity. Try again.

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s spelled oath, just FYI. And the notion he LIED about the meanings of those terms has been definitively debunked by classmates who backup his definitions. Unsurprisingly, both terms had different and varied definitions 36 or so years ago.

https://observer.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaughs-classmates-say-devils-triangle-really-was-a-drinking-game/

Well it hasn't been definitevely debunked since his roomate says otherwise. If you believe those guys you are just as gullible as I am for believing Fords testimony lol

They also didn't account for boofed. Which he lied about. Which isn't ok. 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's hilarious because you almost line for line recited his talking points for the last few days. How wild is that? It's like you only consume a single source of media.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Well it hasn't been definitevely debunked since his roomate says otherwise. If you believe those guys you are just as gullible as I am for believing Fords testimony lol

They also didn't account for boofed. Which he lied about. Which isn't ok. 

His friends also seem to have back his definition of boofed. Sad that Dems accused the guy of being a sexual predator and gang rapist and after those charges fell apart, they were left arguing he had lied about the definition of a word in his high school yearbook. 

Seriously?

Democrats are thoroughly and completely boofed. :lol:

:cheers Pour one out for Kavanaugh!!

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His friends also seem to have back his definition of boofed. Sad that Dems accused the guy of being a sexual predator and gang rapist and after those charges fell apart, they were left arguing he had lied about the definition of a word in his high school yearbook. 

Seriously?

Democrats are thoroughly and completely boofed. :lol:

:cheers Pour one out for Kavanaugh!!

11 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Here's a good summation of the ways in which he perjured himself... 

He lied about the drinking age in Maryland in 1983. Thats pretty undisputable, as are many other lies he told.

He clearly perjured himself and the fact you don't care about that tells me you don't care about this country.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I guess it’s a good thing that Democrats are noble and honorable and always play by the rules and think of the country first.

Dear Lord. :facepalm:

You consistently post in bad faith. I've made my points. You can continue to pretend to not understand them if you'd like.

And, after reviewing your posts in this thread over the past 24 hours, your attitude is 100% reflective of the systemic rot within the Republican Party that's led them to piss off and spit in the eye of more than half the country. It's why they can't speak to anyone outside of their own base anymore. And it's exactly why they can't be trusted to run our government anymore.

• Plus1 4

11 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

You consistently post in bad faith. I've made my points. You can continue to pretend to not understand them if you'd like.

And, after reviewing your posts in this thread over the past 24 hours, your attitude is 100% reflective of the systemic rot within the Republican Party that's led them to piss off and spit in the eye of more than half the country. It's why they can't speak to anyone outside of their own base anymore. And it's exactly why they can't be trusted to run our government anymore.

You literally argue against every conservative point brought up. I can say without a doubt, if Kavanaugh was a democrat with the same demeanor and background, you wouldn't be the social warrior that you've been in this thread. 

• Thanks 1

Re: Collins, this vote will cost her. I'm sure she's made the decision a primary challenge is more of a threat than the water she'll continue to take on with non-base voters in a general election, but I'm not sure playing to the base in Maine is a great strategy. Maine is slightly more blue than it is red. She will be up in 2020. A progressive anti-Collins crowdfunding PAC crashed when she announced she'd support Kavanaugh. She dismissively called it a bribe, which is funny given how much she takes in PAC money and how much big conservative money lined up behind Kavanaugh to get him confirmed. Her approval in Maine has dropped below 50% and a democratic pollster found Kavanaugh support angered more people than it pleased there.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this move wound up being the GOP equivalent of voting for the ACA. She is firmly on the 2020 target list now.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You literally argue against every conservative point brought up. I can say without a doubt, if Kavanaugh was a democrat with the same demeanor and background, you wouldn't be the social warrior that you've been in this thread. 

Yeah, I'm a mostly liberal guy. Most of the conservative points brought up in support of Kavanaugh suck.

That you think I would put party above country shows that you don't understand who I am or what I value.

• Plus1 3
18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Maybe take a look back at Al Frankin and then come back and try to make your argument.

• Plus1 4

He lied about the drinking age in Maryland in 1983. Thats pretty undisputable, as are many other lies he told.

He clearly perjured himself and the fact you don't care about that tells me you don't care about this country.

No, he clearly didn't. Read the whole quote rather than the parsed version the HuffPo crowd is using to make it look like he lied.