Ranking the Alternate Unis - Round 1

Nebraska Alternate Uniforms  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sam McKewon made his rankings:

No. 7: 2014
No. 6: 2015
No. 5: 2012
No. 4: 2017
No. 3: 2013
No. 2: 2009
No. 1: 2016

Using that as a reference, let's see what HuskerBoard has to say. How you determine which one you like best is totally up to whatever criteria you want to use. I'll leave this round open for some arbitrary amount of time the I determine then move on to the next round. 2016 gets a bye this round.

Here are some picks to refresh you memory:

2009:

57bda828d30d7.image.jpg

2014:

597a2d14550d1.image.jpg

2013:

new-2013-nebraska-black-football-uniform

2015:

56317d48be5c5.image.jpg

2017:

597a226a2b5ec.image.jpg

2012:

597a2d12c50e2.image.jpg

1. 2009 - loved the look. Honestly, if we adopted them as full-time uniforms, I'd be okay with it. Maybe keep the N on the helmet.

2. 2017 - Can't really go too far wrong with this concept.

3. 2013 - I'm always in favor of white pants. Those helmets were bitchin' too.

4. 2015 - I liked the matte black helmets. The jerseys weren't too awful. I hated the pants though.

5. 2014 - I guess I have to put these somewhere. I hate the leotard look with no contrasting belt to separate the jerseys and pants. The jersey numbers were hard to read, and the pants were atrocious. The helmets seemed like they just did something random to make them different. Plus, this was the game I got hit by Kenny Bell, so that's tainted my opinion of that game further.

--------

37. The horrible 2002 wide stripe atrocities

---------

457. 2012 - The Scrabble uniforms were just horrendous. Even on the field, you couldn't read the numbers. They had the leotard look. The shiny black helmets were bad and just seemed to be a "we can change it so let's go black!" sort of situation.

Honorable mention - The current practice jerseys. I absolutely love the look. I wish I could get ahold of one of them. Can't really put them on the list, since it's not a whole uniform set, but they're worth a mention.

I'd put the 2016 uniforms at #3. Easily the best non-throwback alternates.

• Fire 1

Honorable mention - The current practice jerseys. I absolutely love the look. I wish I could get ahold of one of them. Can't really put them on the list, since it's not a whole uniform set, but they're worth a mention.

I've said for years that we should just use the practice jerseys for alternates. Definitely better than several of actual alternates we've had.

• Fire 1

As for these matchups:

2009 > 2014 - I liked the 2014 version when it was on display but it was horrible during the game.

2015 > 2013 - Just barely. I like the 2013 version. But the 2015 version was probably the most creative and actually did something more than just change colors around. Red and black is a great combo. Numbers were still bad, though.

2017 > 2012 - I can't decide what to think about 2012. Bonus points for thinking outside the box. And I like the red/black combo. Plus there is really no creativity on Adidas' part in the 2017 version. But it's just a nice - and historic - look.

As for these matchups:

2009 > 2014 - I liked the 2014 version when it was on display but it was horrible during the game.

2015 > 2013 - Just barely. I like the 2013 version. But the 2015 version was probably the most creative and actually did something more than just change colors around. Red and black is a great combo. Numbers were still bad, though.

2017 > 2012 - I can't decide what to think about 2012. Bonus points for thinking outside the box. And I like the red/black combo. Plus there is really no creativity on Adidas' part in the 2017 version. But it's just a nice - and historic - look.

Agree with pretty much everything here. The deciding factor for me on 2015vs2013 was the helmets. The 2015 helmets were the second best alternate helmet we've had behind the 09 ones.

2012 wasn't outside the box. Adidas had success doing the block 'M' throwback for Michigan and rode that idea into the ground.

Yeah, that probably wasn't the right phrase to use. What I mean was it was the only design that actually made a significant change to the layout of the uniform. All the others are just changing the bells and whistles, as it were.

2012 wasn't outside the box. Adidas had success doing the block 'M' throwback for Michigan and rode that idea into the ground.

Yeah, that probably wasn't the right phrase to use. What I mean was it was the only design that actually made a significant change to the layout of the uniform. All the others are just changing the bells and whistles, as it were.

The phrase you were looking for to describe the 2012 alts is "dog sh#t".

1. 2013 These were clean and crisp looking. Loved them!

2. 2015 Good but missing some sharpness.

3. 2009 Good ole throwback but that means no flair.

4. 2016 Decent, but the duct tape though...

5. 2017 I get what they are trying, but...eh.

6. 2012 Adidas tried and they failed. Wisky looked worse though.

7. 2014 I couldn't tell who was who thanks to the bleeping duct tape. Disgraceful.