***Official Oregon Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Just now, The Duke said:

I would fire Bob Diaco before they even get on the plane back to Lincoln.

Hire Trent Bray to coordinate the defense the rest of the year. Maybe let him & Parella co-coordinate.

Absolutely.  2 weeks in a row, we have had no pass defense at all.  Diaco truly sucks......

1 minute ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

What the hell!!!! 

More great clock management....

Over 400 yards of offense and 42 points.  And none are what you would call real 'cheap' ones nor special teams.  Just earned TDs six times.  And we have but two TD drives and lots of ugly passing for the most part.  Tanner playing like he's at Tulane I guess.

This game is falling apart with all sorts of errors, by players and coaches.  Diaco better get his butt down to the sidelines and do some coaching as being in the press box where he can hide is not working.  He needs to be more 'energetic' as they say about him as his job is on the line.  He won't make it to October at this rate.  Riley is gonna feel the heat too for hiring him and allowing this kind of thing to happen.  Our defense has not been pretty for quite a while but this is nothing short of terrible.  We've given up 800 yards passing in 6 quarters.  Our offense is totally out of rhtyhm but again, it is rare that it has been in good rhthym in a long time.  Just calling different plays and formations, and mixing up the run and pass and using play action, is NOT good play calling.  You have to call the plays that will work or help to set up future plays that will work.  You need to 'feel' the game as it unfolds in front of you.  You can't just follow a game plan or script or some kind of systematic play calls.  You must call the plays that 'fit' the game as it is playing out.  We haven't done that in so long I can't remember.  Rarely have we had those 'right' play calls (a couple full back traps with Jano I recall) but we should be seeing those calls atleast half a dozen or more EACH half at least. 

Over 400 yards of offense and 42 points.  And none are what you would call real 'cheap' ones nor special teams.  Just earned TDs six times.  And we have but two TD drives and lots of ugly passing for the most part.  Tanner playing like he's at Tulane I guess.

This game is falling apart with all sorts of errors, by players and coaches.  Diaco better get his butt down to the sidelines and do some coaching as being in the press box where he can hide is not working.  He needs to be more 'energetic' as they say about him as his job is on the line.  He won't make it to October at this rate.  Riley is gonna feel the heat too for hiring him and allowing this kind of thing to happen.  Our defense has not been pretty for quite a while but this is nothing short of terrible.  We've given up 800 yards passing in 6 quarters.  Our offense is totally out of rhtyhm but again, it is rare that it has been in good rhthym in a long time.  Just calling different plays and formations, and mixing up the run and pass and using play action, is NOT good play calling.  You have to call the plays that will work or help to set up future plays that will work.  You need to 'feel' the game as it unfolds in front of you.  You can't just follow a game plan or script or some kind of systematic play calls.  You must call the plays that 'fit' the game as it is playing out.  We haven't done that in so long I can't remember.  Rarely have we had those 'right' play calls (a couple full back traps with Jano I recall) but we should be seeing those calls atleast half a dozen or more EACH half at least.