Who should we hire

2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

So you're trolling for reactions then? I have no emotional investment in bashing him, I personally think he's a POS especially considering all of his snide comments and his reaction upon getting fired. No, I don't think he'd come back here and would hope Nebraska would never ask him to.

Yes, I'm trolling for a laugh.

1 minute ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

The Big 12 would be a HUGE step-down from the Big 10 in both prestige and profits.  Surely you aren't the type of person who advocates cowering and/or running from a challenge?

I think the BIG sucks and said that from the beginning. I'd like to give our baseball team a better league if nothing else.

1 minute ago, Garry G said:

What about bohl.  He built an great team in their division at north dakota st.  Not sure how wyoming is going for him but NU shoukd have deeper resources

He was run out in 2002 from NU.....  Not  great DC, but, IMHO, has done a great job at NDSU and not bad at Wyoming. He is more of a big picture guy than a DC.

Myseld and others had mentioned his name after Bo was fired.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

He was run out in 2002 from NU.....  Not  great DC, but, IMHO, has done a great job at NDSU and not bad at Wyoming. He is more of a big picture guy than a DC.

I feel the same way about his DC vs HC coaching from the evidence.  Would like to see how this year at wyoming goes for him

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Troy Calhoun just took Michigan into the 4th quarter with a one-score game running the Option with Air Force.

Air Force only pays him about what our Defensive Coordinator makes.

I would love a coach like that IF he could recruite a true dual option qb.  A guy that can actually throw well and run

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I've mentioned his name and Frost about a thousand times but honestly have no idea how they would do at this level.

17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You make good points I can agree with or at least see the justification behind.

Not to get stuck in the minutiae, but does he have a winning record? Isn't he 7-7? Asking out of genuine curiosity. 

Yes...but I'd call taking a 0-12 team the previous year to 6-7 a win. Let's dig deeper into those losses. 

Michigan 51-14 10-3 record

Maryland 30-24 6-7 record

Temple 26-25 10-4 record

Houston 31-24 9-4 record

Tulsa 35-20 10-3 record

USF 48-31 11-2 record

Arkansas State 31-13 8-5 record

First year as a head coach I'd say that's pretty good considering what he inherited and the fact that 4/7 of the losses came to teams with 10+ wins. 4 of those losses also came to the like of Harbaugh, Durkin, Herman, and Taggert. 

• Plus1 3