What did we learn-Game 2 Oregon

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that the play was very sloppy today, and that falls on coaching.  So does having the team be ready to play from the opening kickoff.

I predicted to Teach that Oregon would get the ball first, score quickly, get a 3 and out, and then score again.  NU made it worse with that interception on the first play.  Yes, it was a good pass to Morgan, and it was a fluke bounce off his helmet into the defender.  But, it's still an example of sloppy play and not being ready from the opening kickoff.

This play pissed me off for another reason.....yeah it hit his mask, but....

why throw row into man we help over the top?  I thought that was done with TA.

i don't think Morgan even saw it cause that dude was in his grill.

15 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This play pissed me off for another reason.....yeah it hit his mask, but....

why throw row into man we help over the top?  I thought that was done with TA.

i don't think Morgan even saw it cause that dude was in his grill.

didn't it hit him in the hands first?  I thought he should have caught it clean.

21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Defense is not only a spatial but also a temporal issue to solve or take advantage of.  Defenses that put quick pressure on a QB essentially shorten the field even less then when defending the red zone.  The QB does not have time to throw it more than 10-15 yards.  This allows the secondary to play very aggressive and is also a good opportunity to make an int.  I didn't watch our game today but it's something I learned by watching well coached teams.

Really dudes, Oregon didn't come out for blood in the 2nd half.  You can't base anything off of that half of football!  Tanner Lee is Tanner Lee.  He didn't come here highly touted.  He isn't a blue chip recruit.  How many times will this program take a transfer QB and think that this is the answer.  Keller, Taylor, Lee, ETC.  Why are we not trusting our recruiting just a little bit?  POB, Gebbia ?  If this season is a building season, lets build around a freshmen!

3-4 defense if you have the talent is a decent defense to run, but against speed and talent, your still out matched.  The issue is we don't get enough push up front unless we blitz, and once we commit to a blitz, they have us with numbers.

• Plus1 4

1. This scheme is not working. At all. They are not flying to the ball, they are not even looking for the ball. 84 tackles, ZERO sacks and only 3 TFL. There is no pressure being generated up front.
2. Diaco will not make a first half adjustment and will stick in his "vanilla" defense even if a LB continues to be matched up with a slot receiver who continuously blows past the defender.
3. Too much thinking. Not enough going to make a football play.
4. Langsdorf is in love with play action even when the defense knows the pass is coming, i.e. late in the game down by 7 clock running. He wants to sling it all around the yard.
5. Too many times this offense resembles Bill Callahan's disaster.
6. Lee can have nice touch but the lack of mobility when things break down is frightening.
7. The team has some heart, but it's hard to measure when Oregon went into cruise control. I think Oregon could have hung 70 on this D if the Ducks wanted to. Only throwing 8 times in the second half might be testament to the cruise control.
8. I fear the coaching staff tries to measure moral victories and is snakebitten.

• Plus1 3