I guess we are over Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

9 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

At least one was on the receiver (right through Morgan's hands bounced to d), one was on the last drive, which was totally a bad throw by him (game decided at that point). I don't really remember the other two to be honest, I went fuzzy and started multitasking to avoid having a stroke 

I think it was the last INT, not 100% sure, the DE hit Lee's arm as he was in the process of throwing the ball which caused the ball to be way off target and an easy pick.

I go back to the first pick, which was not Lee's fault.  That gets caught as it should have been and we're not down 14-0 early.  We then run the ball more and have Oregon's D guessing.  Instead we had to play catch up so they were able to take chances with a big lead, and be more aggressive defensively.

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Here's part of the problem.  These are passes you simply can not miss if you're going to be a good QB.  First pass play of our second possession.  Clean pocket.  Clear passing lane.  Wide open receiver.  And he sails it way over DPE's head and it was behind him to boot.  This it totally Lee's inability to complete one of the easiest passes he'll have.

AiQYtCM.png

100% inexcusable and the type of play we expect to be made.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The 4 INT's aren't a total indictment on the QB, but they are an indictment on Langsdorf's (and Riley's) offense.  In 2015, we were told that the mistakes were due to Armstrong's poor passing and decision making.  Now, that Riley and Langsdorf have a QB more of their style, the offense is still making mistakes.

I agree 100%. You basically need a NFL QB to run their system how they want it but the problem is how many NFL QBs are out there every year? Even at Oregon State Riley had only 2-3 QBs that we're good enough to run it very well and they still lost at least 4 games those years. At best in Riley's system you will get a 2 year starter because it takes 2-3 before you can even run it effectively. These kids only have 5 years max and 2-3 shouldn't be used to learn a system. 

Lee is an average to a little above average QB. He has a nice arm. Accuracy is a little suspect. Locks onto one receiver and does not get rid of the ball that quickly. He is a nice 7-9 win QB. He does not have "it"

and I dont think he will lead us to a west title. Hope Im wrong but in two games I just dont see it. 

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, MattyIce said:

Tommy would've done the exact same thing. Brought us to the brink and thrown a pick. His would've been worse. Check the Miami game...........

Uhh, Matty?

Tommy Armstrong:

Passing: 17-33, 200 YDS, 3 TDs, 0 INTs,

Rushing: 95 YDS, 1 TD

Tanner Lee:

Passing:19-41, 252 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

Rushing: -13 YDS

Same exact thing?

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, jdhusker said:

I agree 100%. You basically need a NFL QB to run their system how they want it but the problem is how many NFL QBs are out there every year? Even at Oregon State Riley had only 2-3 QBs that we're good enough to run it very well and they still lost at least 4 games those years. At best in Riley's system you will get a 2 year starter because it takes 2-3 before you can even run it effectively. These kids only have 5 years max and 2-3 shouldn't be used to learn a system. 

I don't get why people are in favor of such a complex offense. It just doesn't work with scholarship limits and the limited number of hours the coaches can work with the kids. If an offense requires NFL caliber players to be a good offense, then it's going to struggle in the college game. Good coaches are able to run good offenses that aren't as complex. Maryland was able to put in a true frosh at QB against Texas and they didn't miss a beat. That true frosh QB is going to start the rest of this season. 

• Plus1 3