***Official Northern Illinois Game Discussion Thread***

Enhance

I had been a Riley supporter and it sickens me to see what happened to day and last week.  This team is just not playing well and is NOT coming out ready to go at the starting whistle.  I just can't figure out how players can suit up and come out of the tunnel with all the music, fans, etc. and just be 'ho hum' and not ready to ;play with fire and passion.   

We've had more than ample supply of old fashioned bad luck already with the interceptions off tipped balls, etc, but good teams make their own luck and they overcome the bad luck. 

If we lose next week, I think Riley will resign effective at year end so the Univ can immediately begin the search for a new guy.

People keep talking about the issue of cost and money for the coach hires and fires.  These costs are high BUT the really HIGH cost is losing the entire football program which is literally twenty five times what the coaches cost.  If we lose the fans and the football program collapses altogether (very close at this point for sure), then all the sports will suffer.  Football pays the bills for nearly all the facilities and programs, scholarships, staffing, maintenance, etc on much of the campus.  If we lose the football program (as much as 35% of the revenuew would be lost in the coming several years certainly).  The program will sink into insolvency as we are NOT debt free I don't think.  They spent money on the stadium, basketball and and volleyball etc.  

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

This guy literally gave the head coach a thumbs up three days ago. He is a flip-flopper - all over the place. So long as it saves his a**, he is willing to throw anyone under the bus. So much for accountability for hiring the guy. Can his a**.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

This guy literally gave the head coach a thumbs up three days ago. He is a flip-flopper - all over the place. So long as it saves his a**, he is willing to throw anyone under the bus. So much for accountability for hiring the guy. Can his a**.

• Plus1 1

Don't understand why Ozigbo got very little time today. When he goes in and does run it he is pumped up and so is the crowd. Nope, Langs let's him run it one more time and out he goes.Wilbon does not pas block well and he just does not seem to have the "it" factor. Power running for much of the second half would have been nice. TIght End play has been poor so far this season, you gotta catch the ball. How bout keeping a RB in to help the freshman tackle in pass blocking?

Come on guys, let's get this thing turned around!

35 minutes ago, Bball1091 said:

I agree, he is a major flip flopper. After the black Friday fiasco, the performance of the football team, men's basketball, women's basketball, women's volleyball, Shawn Eichorst needs to be let go and not allowed to hire another head coach for all University of Lincoln Nebraska athletics.

16 minutes ago, rdwoodpecker said:

Don't understand why Ozigbo got very little time today. When he goes in and does run it he is pumped up and so is the crowd. Nope, Langs let's him run it one more time and out he goes.Wilbon does not pas block well and he just does not seem to have the "it" factor. Power running for much of the second half would have been nice. TIght End play has been poor so far this season, you gotta catch the ball. How bout keeping a RB in to help the freshman tackle in pass blocking?

Come on guys, let's get this thing turned around!

Ozigbo could have been the fire to light up the teams @$$ and our OL he gets the crowd energized and the coaches throw him right back in the dog house. It's clear, these coaches have NO IDEA what they're doing and the proof is in the pudding.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

It amazes me that it has taken you all so long to realize about this staff.  

Like when your dad brought home a turd brown Edsel, I guess a bunch of you would just sit around and be like "you know I think its gonna turn candy apple red tomorrow!"  

12 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

It amazes me that it has taken you all so long to realize about this staff.  

Like when your dad brought home a turd brown Edsel, I guess a bunch of you would just sit around and be like "you know I think its gonna turn candy apple red tomorrow!"  

You can say that again! 

2 hours ago, bnilhome said:

Conference play has yet to start.  Riley has one more week to change personnel (meaning bench Lee and make some other moves) to get ready for Big Ten play.  

The Big Ten is licking there chops!   Imagine a road game against Penn St OSU MU ETC!    

Can we send the uhaul for the Shawn and Mike show!