***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

4 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

So; is Trev 'actually' not a candidate for the UNL AD position...

or is he not in consideration in the same way Urban Meyer wasn't in consideration for the OSU job before he became HC of OSU?

I don't remember the situation surrounding Meyer much, but I feel pretty confident this is what it looks like. I'm not sure why he'd send a memo to his staff admitting he was contacted about interviewing and then admitting he turned the opportunity down. People usually either stay silent or keep their explanation generic, even if they are considering the position.

1 minute ago, alwayshusking said:

Well looks like it will be a national search then. That will likely mean a national search for a HC as well.

I think most of us on here wanted a true "national search", and we are getting that.

If a new head coach will be needed, I am sure it will also be a national search, but I think Frost should be at the top of the list.  I am sure there are other P5 schools with Frost in their sights, as well.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Man, your refusal to be critical at all really gets old.

Sorry!

If we move past Nebraska guys we're going to have to go to the pool of people who likely don't think Eichorst was incompetent, and who know the window on their new hire is going to be <3 years. I don't think the particulars of this situation will have people beating down the door given how unceremoniously and quickly Eichorst was dumped.

So, someone asked how hard it can be to find someone who doesn't suck. I don't know. If not a Nebraska guy, well, this is still a high-profile AD job. But I don't think it's clear that it will be easy to attract the top candidates. I especially don't think it's clear that we or the school want to, because supposing we did, that would just lead us back to "some guy like Eichorst". Be mad about the football program if you want; that's what all this has ever been about, but the guy didn't suck. If we want to attract good people then some measure of being able to divorce immediate FB performance from overall evaluation of the AD is going to help.

We don't want/care about a "national search". We just want a guy who will hire Scott Frost (or equivalent). And we can get that. That can't be too hard.