***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

TREV ALBERTS is the only one with the passion for husker football and athletics. He understands the fans and wants the Huskers back on top. No person outside this state of Nebraska has a vested interest in our success. 

So what's Nebraska going to do when all of these guys are dead one day? Not try anymore?

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

Bo did some good things. He initially brought a lot of renewed optimism that we could compete and he brought the program back to a consistent winner. 

I didn't have a problem with his dismissal nor was I over the top in favor of it. I think overall the program would be in better shape now if he had stayed on though. 

I also think that he may he may have had some legitimate points about SE that are now being exposed. 

Its too bad he's an a-hole

It's entirely possible Pelini (or probably most anyone) would be less of an a-hole if the boss and the boss' boss weren't scheming for your failure.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

TREV ALBERTS is the only one with the passion for husker football and athletics. He understands the fans and wants the Huskers back on top. No person outside this state of Nebraska has a vested interest in our success. 

You do know that this is a paid position - don't you???

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, TheSker said:

It's entirely possible Pelini (or probably most anyone) would be less of an a-hole if the boss and the boss' boss weren't scheming for your failure.

Pelini couldn't handle the pressure of coaching here. He hated the fan base, he didn't like the fans. Not sure how you can't get along with arguably the best fans in the world. Bo, he didn't like recruiting either and wasn't very good at that. Sure, I think Perlman lost his respect for Pelini in 2010 after the Texas A&M screw job and his embarrassing cry baby rant after the 2009 Big XII Championship game.

A combination of things happened with Pelini and they were all in his control and he lost control.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

Bo was a cancer here........he had so many people alienated, his antics, demeanor, he had to go.

From the sound of things, Alberts has alienated more than a few people at UNO...

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

From the sound of things, Alberts has alienated more than a few people at UNO...

I would be shocked if he hasn't!  UNO was a nice small lil school that didn't really have to do anything and sat in the shadow of "big brother"...Alberts has tried to change that in some respects and that means changes and work, I am sure a lot of people got pissed.  I know I would have been pissed if I had worked there for 20 years and was enjoying the normal day to day routine and then BAM...it all changes.  

Del Conte and Patterson look like a better duo after TCU stuffed OK State in a surprise.  Patterson out coached Gundy when I thought they were ready to get to the playoff (they still might - if they correct their mistakes. )  Patterson and Del Conte are doing more with less at TCU.   MR & SE have been doing less wt more at NU.