***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I hope we throw big money and get the TCU AD.  Sure like what he's done there. 

Curious, whats your reasoning?

TCU is in Texas.  Recruiting hotbed for many sports.  Patterson is the football program there.  Like I asked, whats your reasoning for thinking ths way?

He's led the way in the development of their program, fund raising, stadium rebuild. He's made TCU competitive on a new level once they came into the Big 12.  NU has become less competitive since we've joined the big 10.  Yes, while Patterson is the coach, The AD created the atmosphere for success

I have 4 possible reasons why Alberts isnt interviewing.

1.  Powers to be, already know what football coach they want, and thats not the direction Alberts wants to go.

2.  Dr. Tom, has advised him this is a bad time to take this position.  This is a position right now that maybe not have a solid answer to what the future is.  Everything is hanging on what happens this season.  The pressure of this position is going to be tremendously stressful for the next few years.  Natives are restless.

3.  Trev knows the inner circles on the school.  He knows already who they have pinpointed to be the next AD.  Why go thru the embarrasment of getting rejected for a different name to get announced.  

4.  Restoring the order.............this process might be to overwhelming for a Husker legend to conquer. The fanbase is split.  Money is split.  This is maybe this programs lowest point in many years.  I have a feeling that over time, we will figure out what the real reason is for him to withdraw his name, but its not because he doesn't want it!

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He's led the way in the development of their program, fund raising, stadium rebuild. He's made TCU competitive on a new level once they came into the Big 12.  NU has become less competitive since we've joined the big 10.  Yes, while Patterson is the coach, The AD created the atmosphere for success

We all know that football is the driving force behind revenue for these college programs.  TCU football, under Patterson has created this, not an AD who has been for a few years.  

43 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I have 4 possible reasons why Alberts isnt interviewing.

1.  Powers to be, already know what football coach they want, and thats not the direction Alberts wants to go.

2.  Dr. Tom, has advised him this is a bad time to take this position.  This is a position right now that maybe not have a solid answer to what the future is.  Everything is hanging on what happens this season.  The pressure of this position is going to be tremendously stressful for the next few years.  Natives are restless.

3.  Trev knows the inner circles on the school.  He knows already who they have pinpointed to be the next AD.  Why go thru the embarrasment of getting rejected for a different name to get announced.  

4.  Restoring the order.............this process might be to overwhelming for a Husker legend to conquer. The fanbase is split.  Money is split.  This is maybe this programs lowest point in many years.  I have a feeling that over time, we will figure out what the real reason is for him to withdraw his name, but its not because he doesn't want it!

The reason Alberts isn't interviewing is the same sort of thing as, "You can't fire me, I quit!"