What did we learn-Game 4 Rutgers

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, brophog said:

Do we know that, though? Certainly you could make the argument this defense is untested, having faced back to back terrible offenses that were also missing key players. There are some coverage matchups that I fully expect teams to exploit. 

But what if that defensive line is really legit? What if we do replace the QB? 

Do we replace the QB with another statue?  

1 minute ago, brophog said:

Do we know that, though? Certainly you could make the argument this defense is untested, having faced back to back terrible offenses that were also missing key players. There are some coverage matchups that I fully expect teams to exploit. 

But what if that defensive line is really legit? What if we do replace the QB? 

We play bad football.  That's the only thing that is consistent.

You can't watch another game in our conference and legitimately say "we WILL beat that team'.  Iowa v PSU is frightening. 

11 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I texted a group I know earlier this week about the upcoming Rutgers game.  I said " I hope to see some new feces on the field this week"....meaning of course faces, like the freshman and such.  Everyone thought it was intentional.

I actually can't stop reading this without cracking up.  Playacting, feces?  We need to start winning so our accidental gallows humor isn't so hilarious.  This is getting serious, my sides hurt from laughing.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

You could cut the legs off the Berringer statue and it would be more mobile than Lee.

Lee could also break both legs and still be the starting QB. 

Remember the dorks that couldn't wait for Lee and hated TA and TM...now we ALL hold our breath with every pass he makes (pretty sure that is a Sting song)

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I was one of those dorks.  I was way off.

I still blame Langs though.  It's the exact same odd offense with a different QB.

Oh I blame langs too!

And I agree!

I just have no idea why anyone would want a statue...instead of more of a dual guy.

And by the way...I don't think you are a dork!  

Getting the win is what mattered but I am not getting too high on this...Rutgers and Illinois should be wins.  It's how we do against the rest of the schedule that really matters.  So, yes I liked seeing the defense do better (finally some creative pressure which absolutely caused that INT).  Glad for Ozigbo too but again can he do that against better opponents.  Lee is like the most ho-hum nonchalant QB I have ever seen.  He just doesn't really seem into the game...can obviously make some plays but also is way inconsistent.  So, expect around .500 with this guy.  Did I miss something...where was Stanley Morgan today?  Riley was trying to hold it together on the sideline but dude looked exhausted...he is week to week and he knows it...one game at a time can help focus a team though.  Got to earn it each week.     

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Remember the dorks that couldn't wait for Lee and hated TA and TM...now we ALL hold our breath with every pass he makes (pretty sure that is a Sting song)

I also heard "it will be great to have a good backup QB who can push the starter and make the starter better and be a competent QB when needed." POB may be good, but we will never know because Lee gets all the snaps, no matter how crappy he plays. Does he have compromising pictures of Riley and Langsdorf or something?

Just now, HuskerMan said:

I didn't even think about that.  Did Morgan even have a target today?

Morgan was injured and didn't play.