Why we will beat Wiscy

31 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I will be amped if we win, which I give us about a 17% chance.  But I won't ever be real happy until that CONFERENCE trophy is in Lincoln.

Wisconsin will outrush NU and make more catches when it counts.  They will be successful getting the edge because we still do not understand outside contain.  Their D will rattle and quite possibly knock Lee out of the game because we throw in predicted situations.  They will get two INT.  Our rushing game will get shut down due to lack of O-Line ability, and coaching staff commitment.

All good reasons why we will beat Wisconsin.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

All good reasons why we will beat Wisconsin.

"and their judgment was based more upon blind wishing than upon any sound prediction; for it is a habit of mankind to entrust to careless hope what they long for, and to use sovereign reason to thrust aside what they do not desire."

"In practice we always base our preparations against an enemy on the assumption that his plans are good; indeed, it is right to rest our hopes not on a belief in his blunders, but on the soundness of our provisions. Nor ought we to believe that there is much difference between man and man, but to think that the superiority lies with him who is reared in the severest school"

Thucydides- History of the Peloponnesian War

3 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

"and their judgment was based more upon blind wishing than upon any sound prediction; for it is a habit of mankind to entrust to careless hope what they long for, and to use sovereign reason to thrust aside what they do not desire."

"In practice we always base our preparations against an enemy on the assumption that his plans are good; indeed, it is right to rest our hopes not on a belief in his blunders, but on the soundness of our provisions. Nor ought we to believe that there is much difference between man and man, but to think that the superiority lies with him who is reared in the severest school"

Thucydides- History of the Peloponnesian War

"Why we will beat Wiscy" -thread title

• Plus1 2

I admit, I have no idea what the OP is talking about, but it has to be at least a sorta good sign that we're talking about this game on Saturday, rather than 2 days before the game like the last few game weeks have gone. After today's events, this is a massive BIG TEN West division game.

3 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Little bit of OL, and a little bit of him making stupid throws.

The dude seems to get flustered at the slightest pressure (probably PTSD from Tulane), and he's incapable of checking down or looking off receivers.

Just play press coverage, blitz, and have the safety follow his eyes. Instant pick 6.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

What's going on with Tanner Lee? Is it an Offensive Line or Receiver issue or is it him?

He'll be aight.. rough start. Yall got your own QB issues

And our guy will be at home making plays. Your's will get rattled by our crowd, and we'll see how things turn out ;)

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The dude seems to  seems to get flustered at the slightest pressure (probably PTSD from Tulane), and he's incapable of checking down or looking off receivers.

Just play press coverage, blitz, and have the safety follow his eyes. Instant pick 6.

I think this is the correct diagnosis.  My previous diagnosis of game yips was based on incomplete information.

IDK... O-line looked OK/good in pass protection against the two worst front-7 in the BIG. Wisc. is going to be a complete 180 from those two fronts.

Lee has proven to be a very bad QB when under duress; and he may very well be under duress.

need to hope you can find a way to establish the run early and prevent falling behind, forcing us to pass. Its also important to minimize 3rd and longs/obvious passing downs.

I always have hope that we win but it is tempered with reality.  I like bits and pieces of our team, but overall I just don't think we are a good team.  Even though the defense is trending up, I am not sold at this point, as we have not really played a good team. 

I think Wisky will bring  pressure most of the game and rattle TL.  Our O line still baffles me for many reasons.....they are the by far the weakest link on the team IMO.  Our D only seems effective when they bring pressure.  They looked like rock stars against an Illinois team that really did not focus on passing the ball much.  Our secondary has not impressed; Eric Lee needs to work on getting his head around when the ball is in the air.

As I have said, I have hope but I can't say I feel good about this game and the rest of the season.

Their offense is garbage. Not worried about it, honestly. See us grabbing a couple of picks again this weekend. Talk about finding another QB who won't take care of the ball...

Our offense is typically garbage. If their defense does anything super well, it's generating pressure. And we all know Tanner just loves pressure, and handles it swimmingly...