The Iron N is calling for a BLACK0UT against Wisconsin

knapplc

Why don't we do it the lazy way for once? Like Oregon and the pom poms.

And just to check on what PSU does - ya, they hand out the pom poms too. Random dude: "As soon as I made it past the gates I spotted the boxes of pom-poms."

Just put a cheap black shirt in every seat. Put a couple cheap black shirts in every seat, different sizes. Maybe the Iron N can figure out the cost and convince someone important.

It's not like the fans are failing for not doing it - there just isn't anyone making it super easy on the fans.

• Plus1 2

That is the only way it will happen,  to varied of an age group to communicate with quickly.  Penn State hands out the shirts.  Oregon puts the pom poms on every seat.  I am a geezer, but have no problem with a black_ut if it really looks like one.  If we can't get 80% of the stadium to do it, we not only lose the sea of red, but fail in the attempt on the black_ut.  It would seem one of the boosters could pop for this, with a Runza add on the back or something.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why don't we do it the lazy way for once? Like Oregon and the pom poms.

And just to check on what PSU does - ya, they hand out the pom poms too. Random dude: "As soon as I made it past the gates I spotted the boxes of pom-poms."

Just put a cheap black shirt in every seat. Put a couple cheap black shirts in every seat, different sizes. Maybe the Iron N can figure out the cost and convince someone important.

It's not like the fans are failing for not doing it - there just isn't anyone making it super easy on the fans.

This. I remember the university handing out towels for the 2000 CU game. Pretty sure they got alltel to sponsor it. Should be neglibgle cost if you can throw some corporate logo at the bottom of the towel or on the handle of the pom-pom. Might have been other times they handed out towels, but I can’t quite remember. I just remember the north stadium looking pretty cool when Carlos Polk picked off the CU QB early in the game and took it to the house. Reminded me of what a stadium looks like during playoff hockey. 

6 hours ago, HuskerMav11 said:

I find it hilarious how people keep toting that the old farts don't have access to social media....

What planet are you all from? 70+ year olds love their social media. Are they extremely naive when it comes to using it? Sure. But they all have it...

Well maybe we should use the ancient form of spreading messages across large masses of people that 70+ year olds still use....

could it be too simple or too complex?

NEWSPAPER... Nothing like a newspaper, black coffee, and a black out......

10 hours ago, HuskerMav11 said:

I find it hilarious how people keep toting that the old farts don't have access to social media....

What planet are you all from? 70+ year olds love their social media. Are they extremely naive when it comes to using it? Sure. But they all have it...

It's not "old people don't use social media". It's "social media is completely inadequate as far as getting the word out to the masses". Old people aren't really on twitter much, and facebook's algorithms make it impossible to get in front of everyone who likes your page (not that even 1/4 of Nebraska fans like The Iron N's facebook page anyways). 

The Iron N's tweet about the black0ut got 1,500 likes. There are over 90,000 people that will be in the stadium on Saturday.

On 10/4/2017 at 3:30 PM, 10_point_buck said:

was listening to 93.7 "the ticket" in Lincoln during my lunch today.  They were even laughing at/mocking the idea of a "Black Out" saying how unless it is organized and promoted by the University and Athletic Dept, they will never see it happen to the degree that people who are into that sort of thing want it to be.  They called it very Millennial, which I agree with.

I spotted your first mistake: don't listen to 93.7. 

• Plus1 1