The Iron N is calling for a BLACK0UT against Wisconsin

knapplc

19 hours ago, Branno said:

I don't get the anti-b******* sentiment. Doing a one-off b******* to differentiate this one game from the rest is a way to get hyped up. PSU does this to great effect with their whiteouts. 

You can wear red 11/12 games a year, why does it need to be 12/12?

because this is the biggest recruiting game of the year and having 14.77% of the fans wearing black won't do much for the "sea of red" that recruits hear about.....

• Plus1 1

I like the whole idea of the Iron N, but these guys REALLY need to hammer out their message. This is about the third different version of this I've seen this week. 

Let's have a Blackout.

The Blackout is for the student section.

The Blackout is for everyone.

But mostly it's for the student section.

But really, everyone do it.

• Plus1 4

A b******* would be awesome.  You guys with a problem are out of touch imo.  This kind of thing DOES matter to recruits and perspective future recruits watching at home with their friends/family.  My 18 year old notices...  Just hope the guys on the field can put together a solid game on both sides of the ball.  

• Plus1 2

EDIT - took out the two posts I quoted because I didn't want it to seem like I was disagreeing with them.

Some people freak out about alt uniforms, some freak out about the hip-hop hogwash they play during warmups, some freak out about Lil Red.

People can't seem to realize that Husker Fans encompass a pretty big tent, from little kids to teens to college students to middle-age adults to octogenarians.  They have to come up with things that appeal to that broad range of fans, and everything won't appeal to me, specifically.

People tend to forget that the person inside their skin doesn't represent the entirety of the fan base. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Some people freak out about alt uniforms, some freak out about the hip-hop hogwash they play during warmups, some freak out about Lil Red.

People can't seem to realize that Husker Fans encompass a pretty big tent, from little kids to teens to college students to middle-age adults to octogenarians.  They have to come up with things that appeal to that broad range of fans, and everything won't appeal to me, specifically.

People tend to forget that the person inside their skin doesn't represent the entirety of the fan base. 

hlysht.gif

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

EDIT - took out the two posts I quoted because I didn't want it to seem like I was disagreeing with them.

Anyone who doesn't like Let Me Clear My Throat deserves to be publicly shamed and/or tarred and feathered!  

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Has science established the link between what color fans wear and a team's success?

Yes. I have changed my red Huskers shirt to a black one. Since then, two wins. 

I do think a b******* would be cool to see, but it's not going to happen stadium wide unless the school supplies shirts and gets behind it. I know it's not the same, but did the school advertise "No Stand Sunday" for Nebrasketball? I was not there, but that crowd was amped up all game. It was pretty awesome to see, and I could feel the energy watching it on TV. 

Sad that we need a "gimmick" to get fired up for a big game.   The players and recruits don't give a rats behind about what color I am wearing in the stands.  Do you want to see some great fans, go check out a Husker Lady's Volleyball match.  8,500 fans rocking the Bob watching a great team compete and BEAT top 10 talent on a regular basis.  Now, that is FUN !