In this week's game, the Huskers are the program's biggest home underdog since 1974.

49 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

This is sad. Time for changes

Is anyone really surprised by this?  Not really.  We struggled with Arkansas State (could have lost just as easily as we won) struggled with Oregon until they pulled their foot off the gas, struggled and lost to NIU who, outside of 2 great DB's, was undermanned against us, let Rutgers stay in the game way too long and beat a bad, BAD IL team...  That does not bode well for us as we get into the meat of our schedule.  Oct will bury us if we don't find our big boy pants

To be fair, part of the reason Nebraska hasn't been this big of a home underdog is due to circumstance.

The 2007 team had a pretty weak home slate, other than USC. The 2004 team played Oklahoma on the road. They would have been huge dogs at home.

All that said, I thought Nebraska would have been around an eight point dog this weekend. Clearly they are worse than that according to the eyes of Las Vegas. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Is anyone really surprised by this?  Not really.  We struggled with Arkansas State (could have lost just as easily as we won) struggled with Oregon until they pulled their foot off the gas, struggled and lost to NIU who, outside of 2 great DB's, was undermanned against us, let Rutgers stay in the game way too long and beat a bad, BAD IL team...  That does not bode well for us as we get into the meat of our schedule.  Oct will bury us if we don't find our big boy pants

I am not surprised that we are heavy underdogs, but in the last 43 years! This is historic.

Although I expect to lose, I have some doubts about the outcome or how bad the loss will be.

• Wisconsin opponents (BYU record 1-4, Northworstern record 2-2). The best vistory was the blowout against 3-2 Utah State
  • I do not know how good our defense is. We looked good lately, but against horrible offenses
  • MR may change QBs. Perhaps he has been preparing another QB to take over. If Lee throws two ints we are doomed.

Are some actually proposing changes based on a Vegas line....before the game is even played?

Silly me, I based my opinion that it’s time for change based on the results of 2 1/3 seasons of game results and the recent trend showing no improvement in results.

So, should we keep the staff if Nebraska covers?

• Plus1 1

I just want to win this game.  I'm at the point where losing to tOSU and PSU are foregone conclusions, rough games against the rest of the division foes and probably another loss maybe two.  But dammit.....if there is a team that deserves the full wrath of a Husker team on point and all the energy of Memorial Stadium at night, it's Wisconsin.  And not in dramatic 17pt comeback fashion.  I want blood.  I want 25+ point win margin.  I want to be the team that defends their turf by making the other red and whites look like a JV squad.  Please,  can we have that football gods?  Just this once?

• Plus1 2

31 minutes ago, Redux said:

I just want to win this game.  I'm at the point where losing to tOSU and PSU are foregone conclusions, rough games against the rest of the division foes and probably another loss maybe two.  But dammit.....if there is a team that deserves the full wrath of a Husker team on point and all the energy of Memorial Stadium at night, it's Wisconsin.  And not in dramatic 17pt comeback fashion.  I want blood.  I want 25+ point win margin.  I want to be the team that defends their turf by making the other red and whites look like a JV squad.  Please,  can we have that football gods?  Just this once?

GAvGFYX.gif

• Plus1 4
11 hours ago, El Diaco said:

GAvGFYX.gif

I'm not ashamed to admit that I +1ed this post just because of the Galaxy Quest reference. 

---

As for the game...yeah, it depends if our defense is legitimate or not. Diaco figured out Oregon (and helped everyone else in the process, it seems) too late for our own good...but we've done well. And people forget this defense was expected to have growing pains because of the new scheme...but it seems to be the only piece of Nebraska that is actually improving week to week, in spite of injuries. 

If we win, it's because our defense earns their Blackshirts in this game and shuts down the Wisky running game.

That, and someone cold-c$%ks Langsdorf so he can't call 40+ passing plays. :dunno