Potential HC candidates not named Frost

24 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Philip Montgomery, HC for Tulsa, is another name I have seen mentioned as a candidate.

I know you're just stating something you've seen mentioned, so this isn't directed at you but rather just in general... Montgomery's shine has to have worn off since the beginning of the season. He's 1-4 against the likes of LA-Lafayette, Toledo, New Mexico, and Navy. Only the New Mexico loss appears close when looking at the final score. 

This is also why the list in the link above doesn't work: it's outdated by a couple months (coincidentally, it has Montgomery as the #1 hottest coach).

Paul Johnson would get my vote.  He has done well at Navy and at GT.  I think he could do even better at a better program with better resources overall.  Other wise, I m all in for Frost at this point.  Fuente won't leave VA Tech yet.  In case you haven't noticed the ACC is the 2nd best conference in football top to bottom right now.

• Plus1 1

Jim Tressel-  With all the recent openings, I am sure someone has contacted him about coaching and he not coaching yet.  Don't think he is interested in coaching at this time nor will he be anytime soon.  But, I am all in for trying or at least seeing who he would recommend for the job.  

I still like Paul Johnson, but also know that his window is closing a little bit each year as well.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Josh M would be about as amazing hire as you could get.  But I don't see it happening.  

Agreed; Can't find his salary anywhere; but typically, the highest paid coordinator in the NFL makes somewhere close to $3m... I'm willing to bet he's in the $2-3m range.

We'd have to give him a Harbaugh-esque contract for him to consider. I think he might be itching to be an HC, again... his last stint was smeared by lots of controversy (some in & out of his control)

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think he would recruit much like Bill O'Brien did at PSU.

A bit of an unfair comparison, though; considering no coach would come into a program w/ the sanctions that O'Brien had to deal with.

Who knows how he would have recruited w/o those sanctions. (He actually didn't recruit too bad even w/ the sanctions).