Scott Frost is the next Tom Osborne

jessica0

Unsure if he would ever have a W-L like TO, but this statement sounds very TOesque....

“This is not about me, this is about this university and this football team,” said Frost, who comes to Central Florida after serving as Oregon’s offensive coordinator. “I see myself as a servant of the players that they hired me to coach. It’s my job to do whatever I can to help them be successful.”

and these comments.....

While much attention is being given to the new energy and excitement around the program, Frost has also been about the business of rebuilding the program and restoring the confidence in the players he inherited from last year’s disastrous campaign. He has done that by making them all compete for their jobs and holding them accountable on and off the field.

“It’s definitely fun but most people think it’s just a lot of energy and not focused, but he is very intense guy,” senior quarterback Justin Holman said about Frost. “He focuses on the details and that’s what I respect about him.”

The rest of the article here:

https://apnews.com/40f5dccabc4646b4affa70e7a7a7677c/scott-frost-has-brought-energy-modern-offense-ucf

If Riley is fired, and I think he will be, we would be remiss to not give Frost a long hard look as the next HC at NU....

• Plus1 8

21 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I believe Scott Frost is showing signs of being a really good Head Coach.  His approach has been molded by several successful HC's on different levels.  I would just like him to come in and be Scott Frost not the next TO, BD etc...  I know the expectations will be huge, but he needs to do the job his way..

:yeah 100%

GBR!!!

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The only issue I can see right now, with Frost, would be recruiting.  I think when it comes to recruiting you are do have "it" or you don't.  Recruiting is sales and a great salesmen is rare.  If he is a great salesmen then he checks all the boxes.  

Past 2 years he has recruited the highest per player average in the AAC at a shade over .84. Everyone else is in the .83's.

He has some of the same personality traits for sure, his halftime pep talks are nothing extraordinary. It's like "keep grinding, let's get it done."

The last part is something TO used to say to his players every game day. As far as performance, the UCF turnaround is remarkable however, the cupboard there wasn't exactly half empty talent wise. Should he come here and score 9-3 or 10-2 seasons with each loss being a competitive loss and a few conference championship appearances, then maybe the comparison is valid. At this point, it's premature and we just don't know but, I'm more than willing to give him a shot.