Scott Frost is the next Tom Osborne

jessica0

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

I'm guessing there's a mouse in your pocket who has a lot of pull with the administration because I'm pretty sure I won't have anything to say about it.

I'll be able to tell by how the propo is posturing. So far most of their suggestions suck, but that won't stop them from doing it.

No offense to you but I didn't really comprehend your post very well at all.

As far as my question I was just thinking if we wanted Frost so bad and he was staying put for 2018 it may be prudent to keep Riley so we can try and hire Frost at the end of 2018. In that scenario if we fire Riley at the end of this year, Frost may never come to Nebraska. Not that that is necessarily a problem if we hire a home run, but if the home run isn't out there it puts us in a bit of a predicament.

36 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

No offense to you but I didn't really comprehend your post very well at all.

As far as my question I was just thinking if we wanted Frost so bad and he was staying put for 2018 it may be prudent to keep Riley so we can try and hire Frost at the end of 2018. In that scenario if we fire Riley at the end of this year, Frost may never come to Nebraska. Not that that is necessarily a problem if we hire a home run, but if the home run isn't out there it puts us in a bit of a predicament.

so you are advocating another yr of hopelessness

36 minutes ago, Redux said:

I heard that if we don't hire Scott Frost, every fan will stop attending gsmes so that the streak ends.  Because science.

Also, I once saw Scott Frost scissor kick Angela Landsbury.

I enjoy South Park, so of course I read that as "I once saw Scott Frost scissor Angela Landsbury"

57 minutes ago, marko polo said:

so you are advocating another yr of hopelessness

If it means Frost instead of Bielima yes 

To elaborate, I don't agree with the sentiment anyone would be better than Riley after this year. If we can't hire a quality coach I think we would be better off waiting until next year. We need to get it right this time when we make a change. 

• Plus1 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but are all these Frost believers aware of his offense? I have a feeling some of these Frosters are the same ones criticizing our current offense for throwing too much.

I think he is going to be a solid coach, wherever he ends up at, but lets not blindly proclaim him as the Neb football savior based on name alone. If we ditch Riley, we need to make sure we find the right coach so we aren't doing this again in 3 years.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If it means Frost instead of Bielima yes 

To elaborate, I don't agree with the sentiment anyone would be better than Riley after this year. If we can't hire a quality coach I think we would be better off waiting until next year. We need to get it right this time when we make a change. 

while i agree,  i am not sure the sell outs and high level of interest would continue.......i think Riley's persona has run it's course......

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Roger Dorn said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but are all these Frost believers aware of his offense? I have a feeling some of these Frosters are the same ones criticizing our current offense for throwing too much.

I think he is going to be a solid coach, wherever he ends up at, but lets not blindly proclaim him as the Neb football savior based on name alone. If we ditch Riley, we need to make sure we find the right coach so we aren't doing this again in 3 years.

Why would Frost supporters not want the leading scoring offense in the country? Why would Frost supporters not want to win games by more than 30 a game? Why would Frost supporters not want the second most efficient passing game in college football heading into this weekend? Why would Frost supporters not want a quick striking offense that is explosive? Why would Frost supporters not want an offense that can score on every drive in a game (see Cincy game)? 

Yeah, this Frost guy sucks. Us supporters are just dumb. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wow I need to get an eye appointment! Didn't see that in his post 

That's just my frustration of stuff I read about people not understanding why people want Frost. I have been watching Frost since he became the OC at Oregon and I have been impressed the entire time. 

11 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Yeah, this Frost guy sucks. Us supporters are just dumb.

I wouldn't use the word dumb, but you are being incredibly mean to Frost for starting this thread. Setting really high expectations, especially ones that are nearly unachievable, is the meanest thing you can do in a profession that is judged based on expectations. The title alone does just that.

Any four letter word you can yell at the coach from the stands is nicer than calling him a genius, for instance. That word sets an expectation that can't be met, but is still used against the coach. Nobody should ever call a coach that.

The irony of this thread is that its title does exactly what Frost has been telling the media not to do in his pressers. Every time they try to build this season up or suggest that UCF has "arrived" he shoots them down. What do you think a coach like that would think of this thread title?