Racism - It's a real thing.

19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Do you personally know any Nazi's that draw swastikas? I don't think personal experience is the only thing that determines if something exists or not. 

And the second point is somewhat ridiculous. We might as well ban everything then. Censorship isn't the answer.

You brought up personal experience, not me.  I did know people that drew swastikas though but never the okay racist game.

And, if you don't want it banned or censored, what are you arguing about it for?  You don't want a consequence for it, why argue it?  I am fine with a consequence for stupid s#!t.

15 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't see why, it's pretty easy to comprehend. Racists aren't accepted very well in most places. Showing your racism has consequences and frankly most people hate consequences so they will do anything to avoid them. If people don't care that they are known as racist why did the kids wearing kkk outfits come up with the excuse that they were simply dressed as monks? People hate backlash 

Someone wearing no mask being filmed doing a supposed racist hand gesture and explaining their intent to be racist, PROBABLY isn't going to hide behind n excuse after they already declared the intent to be racist.

Say I go out to the middle of town right now and I put my hands on my head like a moose and scream out "I'm doing this to be racist", does that make mosse hands racist for everyone everywhere from now on?

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You brought up personal experience, not me.  I did know people that drew swastikas though but never the okay racist game.

And, if you don't want it banned or censored, what are you arguing about it for?  You don't want a consequence for it, why argue it?  I am fine with a consequence for stupid s#!t.

You might want to reread the post because the bolded is false. Asking you if racists are using the symbol in a racist way yes or no is not a question of personal experience. 

As for the rest, I never said there shouldn't be consequences for using the symbol racistly. Banning a symbol entirely isn't the answer. Stop making bad faith arguments 

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Someone wearing no mask being filmed doing a supposed racist hand gesture and explaining their intent to be racist, PROBABLY isn't going to hide behind n excuse after they already declared the intent to be racist.

Say I go out to the middle of town right now and I put my hands on my head like a moose and scream out "I'm doing this to be racist", does that make mosse hands racist for everyone everywhere from now on?

Those people aren't but others who see them do it and are more cowardly about their racism will. Seriously I can't believe I'm having this conversation as it is so damn obvious. Not every racist is willing to face the consequences but they still want to be racist so guess what is an easy way to get away with their feelings? Using an ambiguous symbol. 

Also to the bolded, literally no one is arguing that point. Never have I said the ok symbol is now forever a racist symbol that no one can use. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

You might want to reread the post because the bolded is false. Asking you if racists are using the symbol in a racist way yes or no is not a question of personal experience. 

As for the rest, I never said there shouldn't be consequences for using the symbol racistly. Banning a symbol entirely isn't the answer. Stop making bad faith arguments 

You are wrong on the first part, no big deal, it is okay.

So, what should the consequence be for using a racist symbol?  I say the consequence should be execution.  What do you say?

I am not making bad faith arguments, I am agreeing with you.  Racist terms/symbols should have consequences and I am fine with banning them and I am fine with executing people that use them.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You are wrong on the first part, no big deal, it is okay.

So, what should the consequence be for using a racist symbol?  I say the consequence should be execution.  What do you say?

I am not making bad faith arguments, I am agreeing with you.  Racist terms/symbols should have consequences and I am fine with banning them and I am fine with executing people that use them.

No I'm not.

You are being absolutely ridiculous and I will no longer be responding to you on this matter.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Those people aren't but others who see them do it and are more cowardly about their racism will. Seriously I can't believe I'm having this conversation as it is so damn obvious. Not every racist is willing to face the consequences but they still want to be racist so guess what is an easy way to get away with their feelings? Using an ambiguous symbol. 

Also to the bolded, literally no one is arguing that point. Never have I said the ok symbol is now forever a racist symbol that no one can use. 

I'd just add, that if the KKK, white supremacists or other known hate groups started doing Moose hands on their heads as a gesture in their clubs, at their rally's, in photos and etc.  If men arrested for crimes against a particular race, religion, creed etc used them when being led into a courtroom - then yes, we would be having that conversation about your Moose gesture.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

I'd just add, that if the KKK, white supremacists or other known hate groups started doing Moose hands on their heads as a gesture in their clubs, at their rally's, in photos and etc.  If men arrested for crimes against a particular race, religion, creed etc used them when being led into a courtroom - then yes, we would be having that conversation about your Moose gesture.

If that happens...Bill Moos is probably out of a job.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, commando said:

a moose could never be used as a hate sign because i watched a moose cartoon when i was a kid.

p478447_b_v9_af.jpg

Wait a second...what the hell is that gesture!  Palm up...thumb out and pointing back towards him...referencing that HE is the best and everyone else is not as good as him...and then his small friend is bowing to him???