Racism - It's a real thing.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I guess people can actually read the article and see the info about how black children go missing at a disproportionately higher rate but cases receive less attention than missing white children.

Or, we can look at the headline and just say "oh no, why are they dividing us based on race?"

Those are concerning statistics to be sure, given the current population data. Do those statistics represent an indictment of the current Amber Alert system, or is there a deeper issue that drives those totals? Your own example puts part of the blame on media coverage. Perhaps an overhaul of the system that incorporates all missing persons, regardless of race, might be in order. 

• Plus1 2

I don't know how it helps but I hope it does help.  I generally think of Amber Alert as being used more for little kids, not as much teens but still.  I can only imagine the fear and horror that parents must feel when they can't find their kid.

s#!t, I have have seen parents freak out at the mall when they can't find their kid for 5 minutes.  I can't even imagine what it must be like to try and go to sleep not knowing where you kid is.

So if it helps, even one kid, good job!  In situations like this all that matters is getting the kid back.

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...