Racism - It's a real thing.

8 hours ago, OTHusker said:

She works at chi heart 

48 hours a week 4 shifts 

just did taxes this week 

she has a full bachelors of science in nursing which some do not have

48 hours?  Wow, that makes more sense.  Tell her to enjoy that overtime while they let her get it, especially at CHI.  From my wife's experience, they watch their staffing pretty close so they don't run into that.  My mother in law actually works for CHI in Lincoln and is constantly battling with the "money side" that she needs more nurses but is told they can't afford to pay the overtime, incentives, or extra staff.  But she also isnt at the Heart Heart Hospital.

I just looked on line for nursing positions in Lincoln.  I found some anywhere from 65,000 to 85,000 per year.

Touch Healthcare Consulting is hiring an RN for nights at $38 - $40 per hour.  That's $76,000 - $80,000.

Touch Healthcare Consulting Long Term Care RN at $38 - $40 per hour.

Ventura Medstaff is hiring an RN at $82,800.

Elite Professionals Homecare is hiring an RN for Admissions/Coordinator at $60,000 - $85,000

Elite Professionals Homecare.  Days RN $60,000 - $85,000.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

My girlfriend is only in her first year after getting her BSN and doing a year and a half as a Nurse Assistant in Michigan. She won't be making 80k anytime soon, or in the foreseeable future. We've talked about her going into medical sales in a year or two because of it, or even becoming a Nurse Practitoner. She busts her a$$ 13 hours a day, and is a damn good nurse. It's almost not worth it, similar to teaching.

She did her Precept at a hospital that paid their nurses more, but the working environment and patient load wasn't worth it. Actually from what she told me it sounded like patient outcomes could potentially suffer because of nurse workload.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:40 AM, Landlord said:

Does it actually?

The actual ad (video) has nothing about that. There were billboards and posters and stuff with text over his face, but how much of that is using Kaepernick to send a message to consumers vs sending a message about Kaepernick?

Regardless, he was still a millionaire making millions "playing" football at the time.

Video didn't. Print & billboard campaign did. 

DmMVEk3WsAACHq1.jpg

54 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Right. So is Kaep saying that to me, or is Nike saying that about Kaep?

Well Nike's ad agency wrote the words for both the billboard and the video script, so the answer is:  both. 

My point several posts back was that Kaepernick had a lot less to sacrifice when his career had bottomed out, and it's still interesting to wonder what would happen if a popular athlete at the top of his game had taken that knee. 

• Plus1 2
On 2/24/2019 at 12:28 PM, funhusker said:

But I also know a whole lot of hard working, good people that don't pay a dime in federal income tax because unfortunately they don't make enough.  But they still do an awful lot of complaining about how the government is spending someone else's money.

They're the people that complain the most, and have the nerve to bitch because their tax return wasn't  as much as other years, etc.... Despite not paying a dime in Income tax.:facepalm:

• Thanks 2
33 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

They're the people that complain the most, and have the nerve to bitch because their tax return wasn't  as much as other years, etc.... Despite not paying a dime in Income tax.:facepalm:

This is one of those comments people make with nothing to back it up. 

Like rich people never bitch about taxes. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is one of those comments people make with nothing to back it up. 

Like rich people never bitch about taxes. 

At least rich people have a reason to bitch about taxes. I'd rather hear them complain than those who are pissed they "got back" $3,000 instead of $4,000, despite not paying a dime in Income tax.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

At least rich people have a reason to bitch about taxes. I'd rather hear them complain than those who are pissed they "got back" $3,000 instead of $4,000, despite not paying a dime in Income tax.

While I think that probably needs to get fixed, what percentage of the population has you triggered? I bet it's not very high...

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Did I miss something?  Tax returns are because someone paid TOO MUCH income tax, not because they didn't pay.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, ZRod said:

While I think that probably needs to get fixed, what percentage of the population has you triggered? I bet it's not very high...

A lot of poor people in the Ozarks, so most of the people around me!:lol: 

12 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Did I miss something?  Tax returns are because someone paid TOO MUCH income tax, not because they didn't pay.

This is most definitely not always the case.... In fact, it's probably usually not the case.

The House passed a symbolic resolution condemning bigotry, but 23 Republicans voted against it. And Steve King simply voted "present."

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/701074291/house-votes-to-condemn-anti-semitism-after-rep-omars-comments 

The House approved a resolution Thursday to condemn "anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, racism and other forms of bigotry" in a move that Democrats hope will quell the latest uproar over Rep. Ilhan Omar's criticism of Israel.

The vote on the measure was 407-23. The 23 opposed were all Republican lawmakers.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/iowa-steve-king-voted-present-congress-anti-semitism-muslim-resolution.html

Voting for bigotry with his colleagues might not sit well with the GOP leadership and could lead to further punishment. But voting against bigotry, as you can imagine, might do serious damage to the Steve King, white supremacist brand. Clearly, the vote put Rep. King in a tough spot, politically. A portion of the resolution, after all, was devoted to denouncing white supremacy
  • Thanks 2