** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Page after page of the same posts.  Nothing has changed in days.

Nobody knows what is going to happen, other than the University and Coach Frost.  

We look like a bunch middle school girls pining for Justin beeber or something.  

This has gone beyond dumb, it wreaks of desperation.  

Every thing that could be said has been said ten fold.

Again we have no say in the matter, period.  Why keep typing the same crap over and over?

When it is time for us to know, we will.

• Plus1 5

Frost being mentioned as a possible candidate for the Gators...hate to say it but if I am Frost, I'd jump on that: more money and top shelf recruiting in your front and back yard...better be ready to hand over the keys to the kingdom.  Venables is not a bad plan B.

2 hours ago, HIHusker said:

Frost being mentioned as a possible candidate for the Gators...hate to say it but if I am Frost, I'd jump on that: more money and top shelf recruiting in your front and back yard...better be ready to hand over the keys to the kingdom.  Venables is not a bad plan B.

Who says it will be better paying?  And I think we have a better administration in place here.

2 hours ago, HIHusker said:

Frost being mentioned as a possible candidate for the Gators...hate to say it but if I am Frost, I'd jump on that: more money and top shelf recruiting in your front and back yard...

This is true, though long-term success will be more tough to get there than here—the B1G West is decidedly easier to get success in than either SEC division. 

While the ultimate goal is to win the B1G outright, winning the B1G West will be a goal that he can accomplish relatively quickly compared to winning the SEC East and then the SEC outright. 

6 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

you realize moos gets paid no matter what. that's why the AD position is so dumb. moos can go do whatever the hell he wants then get a big fat buyout like eichorst did.

it's up to the board to fork over money and go get frost. moos is simply the guy that makes contact with his reps.

What are you even talking about?

My comments relate to his relationship with the public/fans who have a large role in determining how pleasant his time at DONU is.

Yeah he still gets paid if that wasn't obvious to everyone.  But making very positive public comments about Frost and picking a Riley-like hire is almost trolling the fan base.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
4 hours ago, skersfan said:

Nobody knows what is going to happen, other than the University and Coach Frost.  

Again we have no say in the matter, period.  Why keep typing the same crap over and over?

This thread is a never ending avalanche of rumors, fantasy, projected thought and rationalization.  Rationalization occurs "when the individual deals with emotional conflict or internal or external stressors by concealing the true motivations for his or her own thoughts, actions, or feelings through the elaboration of reassuring or self serving but incorrect explanations".  We want so badly to be relevant on the national stage that we first think the only answer is Scott Frost and why wouldn't he want to come home!  Therefore it must be in the cards for him to be our coach since "X" number of former players and writers say so.  Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.  Like Skers said "we have no say in the matter."  No decision maker is going to ask our opinion.

Let’s face it-we’re all insane where this thread is concerned including myself. Isn’t Insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result each time?

I also think we’re scared to death that Scott isn’t coming home. Our last hope to return to glory left in the ashes of time. 

I think this thread is a catharsis for us. 

The chase is always more exciting than the capture. Considering the season we’re having the chase is that much more exciting-an escape from the doldrums of losing-again. 

Yeah, we are writing the same things repeatedly and we do jump on any and every word about Scott coming or not coming. But what would you rather have happen? The board go dormant?  This thread is sheer madness but sometimes crazy can be fun. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.  Like Skers said "we have no say in the matter."  No decision maker is going to ask our opinion.

They hear us everywhere they go.

But they see us and they see half empty stadiums. At this point they know the best way to get most fans back on board and feeling optimistic is to bring in Frost. As long as they dont over think it. Moos has a paint by numbers solution to the current debacle.

5 hours ago, skersfan said:

You just described Huskerboard in general, haha. How do you think we get through an off season? 

9 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

No offense intended to you CPT Blackshirt but Florida is a crap job. I don't believe a word of this. There are just as many 'reliable NU' inside information posters on this board that would refute this information in a minute. Scott has to consider his new family.  Come home where his folks are and everyone knows him-wants to support him or live in Gainsville where we know he will initially be welcomed then fired after he loses his first few games.  He will find no compassion there. Nope.  Not buying this.

No offense taken because I did not say it or think it to be true. Just letting the peeps on this board know what was being said on Florida boards to keep them in the loop a bit with rumors that are swirling over there. I live in Florida so I have to hear a bunch of BS from my Gator loving boss and co-workers on the regs. 

18 minutes ago, CPT Blackshirt said:

No offense taken because I did not say it or think it to be true. Just letting the peeps on this board know what was being said on Florida boards to keep them in the loop a bit with rumors that are swirling over there. I live in Florida so I have to hear a bunch of BS from my Gator loving boss and co-workers on the regs. 

Oh good!  I adore my fellow HB peeps and wouldn’t intentionally hurt anyone!

I feel sorry for you living in Florida. My sister-in-law is a UNL grad who lives in St. Pete. They have other Husker friends but I can’t imagine having to deal with all things Gator day in and day out!

Thank you for posting that piece from 247. 

I apologize for not thanking you in the first place!  GBR!

1 hour ago, brophog said:

How difficult is it for a G5 team to make the playoff?

In the initial CFP rankings, UCF is ranked 18th, amongst the 2 loss P5 teams, of which, FOUR are rated higher.

Still plenty of time for UCF to move up. They still have four games left (five with the title game) and I'd wager if they're undefeated and unblemished after all that, they'll be in the Top 4.