** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

TO is a close mentor of Frost's so I think it seems natural they would talk about life, his career and what might be best for him and his family. I doubt TO would ever push him to come coach at Nebraska, but, I imagine he'd help him weigh the costs and benefits of any career move.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

TO is a close mentor of Frost's so I think it seems natural they would talk about life, his career and what might be best for him and his family. I doubt TO would ever push him to come coach at Nebraska, but, I imagine he'd help him weigh the costs and benefits of any career move.

I agree with this.  Tom is a very stand up guy, and would think of someone else before himself.  I've been fortunate to be one of the many to meet him a few times, and he's a close friend with my uncle through Teammates.  Tom even sent a card to our family when my grandfather passed.  Who knows what's really going on with the conversations.

This is a copy of the text I just received from my uncle about his talk with Tom Osborne today in North Platte:

He doesn’t know if Riley will be let go or not. He doesn’t know if Scott Frost would be interested in taking the job if it were offered to him. He just said he spent some time with him at a few of their practices down in Florida this past August and he was very impressed with the way he worked as a coach and in the way he communicated with his players. Not much of any useful information, sorry to say

Its a little bit of inside information at least.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

This is a copy of the text I just received from my uncle about his talk with Tom Osborne today in North Platte:

He doesn’t know if Riley will be let go or not. He doesn’t know if Scott Frost would be interested in taking the job if it were offered to him. He just said he spent some time with him at a few of their practices down in Florida this past August and he was very impressed with the way he worked as a coach and in the way he communicated with his players. Not much of any useful information, sorry to say

That's about what was expected.  I dont think TO would blab details about anything he may or may not know about the coaching situation.  

37 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

This is the most real insider information anyone has posted on this board regarding this situation.

• Plus1 3
46 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Thanks for the info. TO knows way more then this, but he's not going to share with anyone at this time.... but that isn't your uncle's fault.

4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Thanks for the info. TO knows way more then this, but he's not going to share with anyone at this time.... but that isn't your uncle's fault.

Yeah I agree I mean if Tom told everyone everything he knows, a lot more would be out I would think.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Yeah I agree I mean if Tom told everyone everything he knows, a lot more would be out I would think.

I think if TO said he doesn't know, then he doesn't know.  If he knew something but didn't feel like he was should share it, wouldn't he just say it's not appropriate for him to talk about it? 

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think if TO said he doesn't know, then he doesn't know.  If he knew something but didn't feel like he was should share it, wouldn't he just say it's not appropriate for him to talk about it? 

Tom isn't such a saint that'll he'll answer every question asked of him honestly, just to avoid lying:facepalm:

• Plus1 3