** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

UCF reportedly put a 4.5 to 5.0 million per year offer on the table for Frost. My guess is that this was more of a PR move to let their fan base know that they were digging deep to keep Scott.

Which gets them sniffing in our accepted offer....unfortunately for them they can't add more digits if they in fact do actually offer that 

5 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Anyone know what the chances are Frost brings in Helfrich as a staff member?

I put that question in a browser and came up with this nugget!  Has this already been shared? If so, sorry for the repeat but Dennis Dodd over at CBS Sports was reviewing the College Football Power rankings and when he came to UCF he said this:

"The increasingly relevant question is whether Nebraska will wait for Scott Frost if the Knights play in a New Year's Six bowl. I am told -- at this moment -- he would most likely go to Nebraska if offered."  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-power-rankings-lsu-joins-notre-dame-in-making-a-major-leap/

Sorry I couldn't find out anything about Helfrich. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm believing with all my heart...but how many people were convinced the SweaterVest was coming 3 years ago?  I'll be thrilled for now, and heart attack, call 9-11 jubilant when I see him with the Husker hat, announcing it on the podium.

I don't remember anyone really wanting the sweatervest.  Everyone wants Frost.  

I guess people did want him- I just read some of the above comments.  WOW- Can't stand to look at that dude- all waxy and botoxy.  I'd rather have Bo back- or Bill

Edited by krc1995
8 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Okay, another thing, there is a possibility that his staff will be shaken up because other schools are trying to swoop on his assistants. This was one of the major hang ups in the deal because it had to be ironed out. 

This makes sense to me.  

3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I put that question in a browser and came up with this nugget!  Has this already been shared? If so, sorry for the repeat but Dennis Dodd over at CBS Sports was reviewing the College Football Power rankings and when he came to UCF he said this:

"The increasingly relevant question is whether Nebraska will wait for Scott Frost if the Knights play in a New Year's Six bowl. I am told -- at this moment -- he would most likely go to Nebraska if offered."  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-power-rankings-lsu-joins-notre-dame-in-making-a-major-leap/

We are far past offered. 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Which gets them sniffing in our accepted offer....unfortunately for them they can't add more digits if they in fact do actually offer that 

Yeah, it just sounded a little too conveniently close for them to be putting 4.5 to 5 million out there after it was put into the media 

5 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

It's really interesting ladyhawke. That report from Dodd has been out there for a while, and he's pretty plugged in, but for whatever reason, very few were picking it up and running with it.

1 minute ago, Kernel Red said:

Yeah, it just sounded a little too conveniently close for them to be putting 4.5 to 5 million out there after it was put into the media 

It's really interesting ladyhawke. That report from Dodd has been out there for a while, and he's pretty plugged in, but for whatever reason, very few were picking it up and running with it.

Yeah, I missed it when it came out sorry for dates information guys.  Exciting news to me-old news to others (but it is keeping this thread going and that's our goal! Keep it going til Scott comes home!)