** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

My favorite of his this year was when he said he read to his players the night before a game.  IDK, just weird to me.

Pretty sure Dick LeBeau used to read The Night Before Christmas to his Steeler Defense every year so maybe not so weird.

3 hours ago, Husker4ever319 said:

Our team under Riley was playing with no confidence or heart. It was extremely obvious just by looking at them during the tunnel walk. A bunch of guys that do not understand or respect the tradition of the tunnel walk. If you contrast this with the Pelini teams exiting the tunnel walk, the difference was glaring. Don’t misunderstand my comments, I do not think Bo was able to consistently beat ranked teams and he was let go more for his behavior on the sideline and his comments that were recorded. Nevertheless, the players had husker pride. Riley’s teams never understood husker pride. How can you when the coach buys you ice cream for losing. 

I strongly believe that Frost would be successful very quick because he can get our players to respect husker pride and play hard to represent husker nation. We have good players, they just need to play with swagger and belief. Northwestern got to 9 wins through coaching. They have much less talent all around when compared to us but their coach knows how to coach. Frost will be successful and I would not be surprised if he gets 9 wins in his first season at Nebraska...assuming he takes the job of course.

I'm sure you're excluding our boys from Nebraska. They played with heart: Luke Gifford, Chris Weber, Tyler Hoppes, just to name a few.  They played with heart because they DO understand the tradition of the tunnel wall.  How cool it will be for those young men who are from Nebraska (minus the current seniors of course) to be coached by one of their own.  :)

• Plus1 1