** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

NU wanted to have a deal agreed to by Tuesday.  Frost hadn't committed so on Wednesday NU started working on Fuente harder - and there was mutual interest there.  However, it was agreed to give Frost until Saturday.  

NU struck a tentative deal with Frost on Friday, though still working out some details - salary pool for assistants, etc.  Frost has turned away all other suitors - Florida, Tennessee, etc.

Since it's only a tentative deal, he could technically still choose to remain at Central Florida but, barring a dramatic change-of-heart on Frost's part - everything is set to go.

Is this speculation or did you read/hear it somewhere? 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Moos and Frost can agree to the specifics of the deal without directly meeting.  Everything can be done by 3rd parties, which sounds like most of it has already been done.

I know Moos would prefer this wait until after this Saturday, but there could be a very small chance that UCF pushes the timing of things up.  It's probably unlikely, but they could feel like a jaded lover.  I don't know how old you are, but in March 1989, Michigan's basketball coach, Bill Froeder, had accepted a new coaching job with Arizona State effective at the end of the season.  Bo Schembechler, who was Michigan AD at the time, basically told him to go to ASU immediately.  Michigan named Steve Fischer the interim head coach, and they won the National Championship by going through the NCAA Tournament.

I am not saying that this will happen in this instance, but if UCF asks Frost "Do you want to take the NU job", and he says "Yes", they might just tell him to go immediately.

I’m sure it happens all the time, but how do agree to contract through middle men?  I’d like to at least have a conversation with them before you put your arse on the line.

7 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Who would want that Tennessee job right now? They have gone full blown SEC on everyone! 

Just throwing names around, but why not Fisher?... If he would be willing to go to aTm, then why not Tenn? At least at Tennessee he'd still have a game in Florida most years and be able to maintain his current recruiting connections.

Edited by Oade

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

Someone like Diaco is a great example.  Looks great on paper.

You start talking to him about football and you think you’re watching an episode of Dr Phil.

My favorite of his this year was when he said he read to his players the night before a game.  IDK, just weird to me.