** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Sparker said:

I thought it couldn't happen until after their CCG?

To this point I thought Moos can't even talk to Frost directly, or does he just need permission?

Could they make an "unofficial" announcement assuming he can't technically sign it?

I don't know all of the rules except what I've read here, but it just doesn't seem likely. They will try to keep a lid on all of it so at least the players can focus.

Moos can talk to Frost's representatives anytime.  Moos said he didn't want to talk to Frost until after their CCG, but UCF may force the timeline to change.  They wouldn't have an unofficial announcement without Frost signing a contract.

Just now, tyrone_biggums said:

They don't want that much of a distraction to have him make an announcement before the championship game. They'd like to win it too.

I agree, but things are happening so fast, I am not sure what is going to happen.  I think Moos is fine waiting, but if UCF doesn't come out announcing a new contract extension for Frost this week, then it will be obvious that Frost is going to NU.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree, but things are happening so fast, I am not sure what is going to happen.  I think Moos is fine waiting, but if UCF doesn't come out announcing a new contract extension for Frost this week, then it will be obvious that Frost is going to NU.

That's interesting.  Yeah I haven't thought about the contract extension angle.  When do schools usually announce that stuff?

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I saw a Tweet where UCF officials are meeting with Frost today to try to figure out a way to keep him in Orlando.  If Frost tells them he's headed to NU, maybe it will be them to push him to make the announcement.  I know it would be crappy to deal with while the team is trying to win a conference championship, but maybe UCF will push it to get done so they can move forward.

If so a crude move by UCF. You'd think they'd want to focus on securing a conference championship from an admin standpoint but I can understand not wanting to get left with your pants down and no options because you think you have a good shot at keeping your guy.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

That's interesting.  Yeah I haven't thought about the contract extension angle.  When do schools usually announce that stuff?

I'm just kinda spitballing here and thinking of hypothetical situations.  Contract extensions can be done any time, but many times the smaller schools do that as a way give their current coach a raise and add another year or two to their current deal.  TCU just announced an extension to Patterson yesterday.  It was probably in the works for a while, but they wanted to be out in front of the coaching silly season and not give any reason for TCU fans to be worried about Patterson leaving.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Moos can talk to Frost's representatives anytime.  Moos said he didn't want to talk to Frost until after their CCG, but UCF may force the timeline to change.  They wouldn't have an unofficial announcement without Frost signing a contract.

We all know that. He already said as much at his last presser.

That doesn't mean Frost can technically sign anything.

That doesn't mean Moos can meet or talk with him directly "officially".

Nothing happening at other schools will affect the timeline for Frost and Nebraska. Moos has already proven he doesn't care what other schools do. UCF would be dumb to announce anything until after the CCG.

Moos said he wasn't going to fire Riley until after the season. 

Moos said he is going to respect Frost's season through the CCG.

He will.

• Plus1 1