** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 hours ago, FlipPhone said:

My ONLY concern with offering Frost is - if he does turn down the offer, people will be asshats and harass the hell out of him, worse than they do to recruits who spurn NU.  We'll never see him again.  I'm guessing thats why coaches always lie and say they weren't offered or under consideration.

Yeah, there's always a few bad fans out there but I think a majority of them would say the timing isn't right or Frost isn't ready for us, something along those lines. I actually believe Frost is flattered by the chatter and that we've piqued his interest and that his dream may become a reality because if we let MR go, Frost may not get another opportunity to come home.

9 hours ago, Hayseed said:

The current coaches are talking like they could be here next year.

Sure, they expect to be here another year, wouldn't you if you were employed by DONU? It really isn't rocket science. They fired ADSE because of on field performance. That right there says coaching change. Bring new AD, you're one step away. Only 5 games stand between Moos and Riley.

16 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Yep, if Coach Frost gets hired the fans need to just let him do his thing. He has shown he knows how to win so you have to let him build a winner. 

Out of curiosity, do we only afford native sons this courtesy? Or just people we really think will do a good job? If the next head coach isn't Frost do we give them this same leeway?

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, FTW said:

Sure, they expect to be here another year, wouldn't you if you were employed by DONU? It really isn't rocket science. They fired ADSE because of on field performance. That right there says coaching change. Bring new AD, you're one step away. Only 5 games stand between Moos and Riley.

On-field performance was a small part.  Coaches were frustrated with him as were other employees.  It may have added to the timing.  We could be 6-1 right now and he was still going.  It just would have not happened until later.  It had more to do with his relationships with coaches.  

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Out of curiosity, do we only afford native sons this courtesy? Or just people we really think will do a good job? If the next head coach isn't Frost do we give them this same leeway?

That is an easy answer, no, the fans will not.  

4 minutes ago, Warrior said:

The timing is something that concerns me.  He's got things on a roll does he see a higher ceiling at UCF or is this the peak year?

They can't even fill their stadium down there. We have the resources, the money, the fan base, the prestige, the tradition. I'm willing to bet Frost can hear 90,000 red clad fans in pandemonium in his mind over his Nebraska led squad. 

This is his dream job and he knows that. Look at all the media local and national and former players going to bat for Frost. I don't see how Moos can screw this up. Only two bad scenarios can happen, we don't hire Frost or he retains Riley. Neither one is a favorable look for Moos, IMO.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

On-field performance was a small part.  Coaches were frustrated with him as were other employees.  It may have added to the timing.  We could be 6-1 right now and he was still going.  It just would have not happened until later.  It had more to do with his relationships with coaches.  

Yeah, his personality and relationships with coaches or lack thereof had a small part of it but at the end of the day an AD is most remembered by his success in college athletics and performance/results. A few sports have regressed since he came here especially Football, the money grabber.

Edited by FTW
7 minutes ago, Warrior said:

The timing is something that concerns me.  He's got things on a roll does he see a higher ceiling at UCF or is this the peak year?

If a job he wants becomes available then I don't believe the year's results at UCF really matter. His talent acquisition, regardless of how good of a coach he is, has limitations in the long run. I also think it would take a full career to turn UCF into a consistent national contender that has enough respect to make the CFP and oust a power 5 team (assuming the conferences stay as is).

Many have heaped heavy praise on his results so far at UCF, and they certainly deserve recognition, but it's a lot different playing in that conference than it is one like the Big 10. If he has aspirations of competing at the highest level then he has to leave UCF.

10 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I'm not directing this specifically at you Crusader but, if that were to end up being the case (which I agree it probably would be), I think it's a little BS.

I haven't seen a link to the alleged Aaron Taylor comments about Frost so I went looking around to see if I could verify it. I haven't found a link to his FB page with these comments, but unsurprisingly this quote is all over Nebraska message boards.  Closest thing I could find to verification is a screen shot that looks like it could be from FB. 

hKcABb0.jpg

Also, allegedly (again, no link), a guy on Reddit says he recently (pre-Bull Moose hiring) spoke with another former lineman teammate of Frost's, and that guy said much the same thing as Taylor has allegedly said. 

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm not directing this specifically at you Crusader but, if that were to end up being the case (which I agree it probably would be), I think it's a little BS.

When i read the hysteria about Frost here and other places, I have the sense that no one else would do.  Here is a more interesting question.  If we knew Scott doesn't want to leave UCF for anywhere this year.  Would people still want Riley fired knowing we wouldn't have Scott, or would you give him another year?  Is it Scott or bust?

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Past resume has a lot to do with it. Riley has no history of winning outside of some random 9 win seasons. There is no hope for a large percentage of the fanbase. If there was hope then they wouldn't be talking about wanting a new guy and the AD wouldn't have been fired. The leadership feels the same way and we see that from the firing of the AD. 

Coach Frost has won at every level and everywhere he has been at. So he will get a lot of time to build his vision and his program. As long as the team is playing good football he will be around for as long as he wants to be. Losing seasons are really rare at Nebraska and firing a coach like Solich was an incompetent move to start with and we should never do something like that again. 

TN is basically having the same problems that we are having - can't get the right coach. They are wanting Frost just like we are wanting Frost. Both schools need to be smart for how they go about this so they are not saddled with another low key hire that isn't going to get much done again. 

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Very good read.  Reading through that, I wonder how much Frost playing QB in college and safety in the NFL helps him in designing an offense around what the safety is doing.

Also....I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.  Does Frost call the plays?  Or, does he have an OC that calls the plays?