** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

57 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Stick with Riley and continue to see blow outs against ohio st, wisconsin, Penn st, and any team with a pulse? He got beat by 30 to Iowa last year. Iowa! Nebraska will most likely lose by that to Penn st this year. Maybe even iowa again. Iowa! All because of poor coaching and development. 

You're entitled to your opinion on all of this, but if you think keeping Riley around after this year will be best for the program then you are wrong. But with all due respect, of course.

You're replying to a glitch in the system. The mods fixed the glitch. You might find the convo to be one sided

Edited by 4skers89
  • Plus1 1

This is a great read, and fantastic breakdown of Scott Frost's UCF offense and how it's evolved over the last 2 years.

It provides many GIF examples of the multiple blocking schemes used by their offensive line including: Inside Zone, Power, QB-Wrap, Buck Sweep, and Group Cut Blocking.

This Nebraska native knows how to coach football, and he is only going to get better. Enjoy the read.

How Scott Frost opened up UCF's playbook and became the hottest name in college football coaching:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/23/16501428/scott-frost-ucf-coach-offense

Edited by The Duke
  • Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Since we're not supposed to start any new Scotty Frost threads, I'll ask the question here & hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...

What would contract offer would you consider fair... AND....

What contract offer would you offer Frost in order to try and get him here in Lincoln? (assuming that's the coach you want)

How many years would you offer? How much base salary per year(guaranteed cash)? How many bonuses, and for what?

Feel free to throw in other coaches, too... I just finished midterms, and I'm bored.

A contract offer that is fair would be fair market value.  Given that Frost and Tom Herman's resumes are comparable, we'd have to start there.  Texas gave Herman a five year contract with a base salary of five million.  Apparently, this is the fair market and Frost has quite a bit of leverage. 

2 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Transcript of comment from Aaron Taylor:

"From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too."

This was posted elsewhere so I don't have the original link. 

Six to midnight. 

49 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

You would have to negotiate and probably against UCF and others.

I can't see going above 4, because of what he will want to pay assistants.  

5 years and tell the fans to be patient and give him 5 years,  The fans need to stay off of his back for at least 5 years.

Yep, if Coach Frost gets hired the fans need to just let him do his thing. He has shown he knows how to win so you have to let him build a winner. 

56 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Since we're not supposed to start any new Scotty Frost threads, I'll ask the question here & hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...

What contract offer would you offer Frost in order to try and get him here in Lincoln? (assuming that's the coach you want)

How many years would you offer? How much base salary per year(guaranteed cash)? How many bonuses, and for what?

Feel free to throw in other coaches, too... I just finished midterms, and I'm bored.

10 year 40 million.

50 if need be.

Plus bonus.

1 hour ago, Red_Payne said:

6 years for 30 million or 6 years for 24 million. The money for his assistants will need to be high. I'm pretty confident he will request a high sum for his assistants. 

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Stick with Riley and continue to see blow outs against ohio st, wisconsin, Penn st, and any team with a pulse? He got beat by 30 to Iowa last year. Iowa! Nebraska will most likely lose by that to Penn st this year. Maybe even iowa again. Iowa! All because of poor coaching and development. 

You're entitled to your opinion on all of this, but if you think keeping Riley around after this year will be best for the program then you are wrong. But with all due respect, of course.

I think Riley is a good buy, a class act and an average coach.  I also thought Solich was fired too soon and should have been given another year with the new assistants he had hired.  But in this case, I think Frost looks like the future to regaining our winning traditions.  If possible, I would like to see Riley retained in the Athletic Department in some function.  I would like to think that we are a good school and a good state- therefore we have room for a good guy to stay if he wants.

20 minutes ago, URSS said:

I think Riley is a good buy, a class act and an average coach.  I also thought Solich was fired too soon and should have been given another year with the new assistants he had hired.  But in this case, I think Frost looks like the future to regaining our winning traditions.  If possible, I would like to see Riley retained in the Athletic Department in some function.  I would like to think that we are a good school and a good state- therefore we have room for a good guy to stay if he wants.

I'm sure Mike Riley has no interest in this nor does it seem appropriate for us keep in the AD. If he wants to be an administrator it would be back home in Corvallis. 

57 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

A contract offer that is fair would be fair market value.  Given that Frost and Tom Herman's resumes are comparable, we'd have to start there.  Texas gave Herman a five year contract with a base salary of five million.  Apparently, this is the fair market and Frost has quite a bit of leverage. 

Exactly. 

A poster above said to "offer Frost Riley's salary and go from there." This forum would lead everyone to believe that Frost is Tom Osborne 2.0.

How much is Tom Osborne 2.0 worth to Husker Nation? $2.7M per year? It just doesn't work that way.

3 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

My biggest fear is we're going to go offer Frost a low ball contract that he literally has to refuse.  Then, we'll hire another mediocre coach with the thought that we really are becoming a doormat in college football. 

If that happens, we have the worst leadership in all of college sports.  I just don't see that happening.  

The only acceptable way for Frost NOT to come home is if he comes out with a heartfelt speech explaining how he's made a commitment to his players and he's going to see it through at UCF at least X more seasons.  

• Plus1 1

We've been through a few coaching searches now.  I have yet to hear anything about us offering top dollar to guys and then getting turned down.  It really doesn't matter how one feels about Riley, but a coach in just his third year here shouldn't be around the 47th highest paid coach in college football.