** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

They destroyed a team without their starting q/b, little used backups.

GBR!!!

And Maryland lost their 2nd QB in that one. That said, UCF did hold them to 1.1 ypc and 3.0 ypp. It's hard to say what any of that means, though, as Maryland these days can't generate any sort of offense against anyone.

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

That makes sense but this didn't

I really don't understand some people's comments.  This isn't rocket science but we seem to come up with reasons why we can't get something done.

I agree - I think he was trying to say one thing and accidentally shifted to another. Not sure though. :lol:

It isn't rocket science but it also isn't simple, from my perspective. There's a lot going on and decisions carry a lot of weight. I respect the gravity of it all as I'm sure many here do. It's a lot different when I'm sitting here behind a keyboard with little say in the future of Husker football (and its impact on the state) versus the guy who does have to make that call.

24 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I agree - I think he was trying to say one thing and accidentally shifted to another. Not sure though. :lol:

It isn't rocket science but it also isn't simple, from my perspective. There's a lot going on and decisions carry a lot of weight. I respect the gravity of it all as I'm sure many here do. It's a lot different when I'm sitting here behind a keyboard with little say in the future of Husker football (and its impact on the state) versus the guy who does have to make that call.

It's concerning to me.  I haven't lived in Nebraska for many years but when I visited my parents I started noticing a pattern.  They would tell me a problem they were having and I would come up with a solution.  Their response was always some reasons why the solution wouldn't work.  The reasons sounded plausible but after analyzing them they were utter nonsense.  I thought it was them but now I'm wondering if it's not become a statewide attitude.  I hear of all of these reasons, excuses, barriers to Nebraska returning to having a successful football program.  The coach doesn't have the players for his scheme.  Fans are impatient and firing a coach periodically is holding us back.  We can never get a good coach to Nebraska, look at the Callahan hiring. Yada, yada, yada.  Frost is a good coach, now proven as a head coach,  is a native Nebraskan, is very familiar with our past having played during our glory years, understands the challenges of our program and has previously expressed interest in being our head coach.  This seems like a reasonable solution.  I wouldn't say we're shooting ourselves in the foot but it seems like we're taking aim.

Edited by 4skers89
  • Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

My take on the situation is two fold.  One is I don't like the fact that most of the fan base forcing our AD to have to hire Frost.  If he feels Frost is not the best guy he has the fan base turn on him because he didn't hire him.  If he does try to hire him and Scott turn's it down, he is screwed again.  He is our AD, I want him to be successful.  

That leads me to the second part.  I know I am in the minority, but I don't think it is a slam dunk that he would take the job.  There now is word that Florida may need a new coach.  It can be hard to compete with fertile recruiting grounds.This leads to a second problem.  No matter how good another hire might be, part of the fan base won't want him to succeed because they want to be right about Frost.  

The win-win is Moos wants Frost and he comes.  I just think the entire process is not a slam dunk.

Your third-fold is the one to focus on.  

And it's by far the most likely.  Why in the world would any AD not have Frost at or near the top of his list?  And there's no good reason to assume that Frost would flat turn us down, assuming we make a generous offer.

Win-win.  That's what I'm going with.  :restore

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

That makes sense but this didn't

I really don't understand some people's comments.  This isn't rocket science but we seem to come up with reasons why we can't get something done.

My point is, and I have always felt this way, is that Scott may not come.  If Moos tries to hire him and Scott doesn't come, the fans will turn on Moos.

• Plus1 1

The UCF fans are talking about how the Frost family likes living in Orlando, which got me to thinking Scott probably has a good credit score and with the $20ph plus all the food he can eat salary we’d pay him, he could probably buy an old barn or live in a bunkhouse here while keeping his home in Florida.

39 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

My point is, and I have always felt this way, is that Scott may not come.  If Moos tries to hire him and Scott doesn't come, the fans will turn on Moos.

The fans might be upset, but why would they turn on Moos?  

And why worry about something like this that hasn't happened yet?  Do  you have a solution to this potential future dilemma?  

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The UCF fans are talking about how the Frost family likes living in Orlando, which got me to thinking Scott probably has a good credit score and with the $20ph plus all the food he can eat salary we’d pay him, he could probably buy an old barn or live in a bunkhouse here while keeping his home in Florida.

And Wisconsin fans said that Dave Aranda loved being in Madison so much he would never leave. Well, he left to LSU. Houston fans said Tom Herman's wife loved Houston so much that they would not leave. Well, they left. They always leave. They never love it like fans pretend they do. 

• Plus1 3
42 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Should the team stay in Lincoln since they are 4.5 pt dogs and if they lose the fans might hate them? If you don't swing because you're afraid you might strikeout, you're going to strike out. Frost is a lob that Moos needs to swing at. Frost might bend Moos over the table and have his way with him but Moos needs to take one for the team. Frost and any good coach can get away with it not because fans are clamoring for them. It's because previous bad decisions have put us in a huge hole.

Fans will only turn on Moos if no offer is made to begin with.  I think most rational people understand he may turn down the offer, but he has to be offered in the first place in order to turn it down.  If he does, then on to the next candidate.  My expectations of the team AND the administration -- you dont have to win the battle, but you have to at least TRY YOUR BEST.  If you try your best and fail, failing is not as painful as if you just dont give any effort.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Maybe the fans should get a grip or they can run the football program by surveymonkey. 

Transcript of comment from Aaron Taylor:

"From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too."

This was posted elsewhere so I don't have the original link. 

• Plus1 4