** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Make no mistake: if there's a change, whomever is hired is going to be at the head of a full-on reclamation project. If it is Frost, he's going to need at least 3 full recruiting cycles to get the players he needs and trim the fat off the current roster. 

landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

Mike'l Severe Retweeted Ryan Bass

Hell yes he would!

Mike'l Severe added,

Ryan BassVerified account @Ry_Bass
.@dennisdoddcbs on Scott Frost: "I am told -- at this moment -- he would most likely go to Nebraska if offered." https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Board/59489/Contents/Dodd-Frost-would-most-likely-go-to-Nebraska-if-offered-109351957 
8 replies5 retweets53 likes

Retweet

Bingo.

The Orlando Sentinel article has him asking for money to pay his assistants more. It'll be interesting to find out why.

The comment section is pretty comical. They have a bunch of malcontents and classless people acting smug while at the same time bashing his home state.

This would've been so much easier three years ago.

25 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Baker has been said he's not "seasoned" and is not ready.  Both him and Rose seem to think the fan base doesn't have 2-3 of patience in the tank.

I can only speak for myself.  My expectation for coach Frost(or whoever) next year is to every once in while control the line of scrimmage against elite programs and not go down to wire with teams with a budget that dwarfs ours.

I watched/listened to the UCF/Navy game as well as I could and was impressed at how disciplined both teams were.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I haven't heard Frost's name yet in circles outside of Nebraska.

There's too much Miami influence around here, both college and pro.  And if they're not a fan of the 'Canes, it's because they're a fan of either the Gators or the 'Noles.   

Not that I have a wide circle of friends or football nuts, er, aficionados, but the few times I've mentioned the situation, I get "huh?".   My store partner is a fan of Michigan, not because he's gone to any college, but that a good friend of his went there.  Between him and another close friend they do pay some attention to the B1G.  But even with that, I got "huh?" when I mentioned Scott Frost, UCF, and HC woes at NU.   I'm alone here.  (there's is some Big Red fans that get together in Boca Raton, but it's a damn long drive for me and my TV is probably bigger than the bar's they go to .. I got me a 70").  

• Plus1 1

Scott would be unintelligent not to use the interest from our fan base and his alma mater as a $ generator .  Smart play by him, stupid by UCF and their fan base should they fall for the carrot.  I mean how much is a 2nd year HC at a tier 3 school really worth?  If he can get 3 mil out of his current gig-do you really think we should match it?  Jeez, he's not the only savior out there should we have an opening. 

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Scott would be unintelligent not to use the interest from our fan base and his alma mater as a $ generator .  Smart play by him, stupid by UCF and their fan base should they fall for the carrot.  I mean how much is a 2nd year HC at a tier 3 school really worth?  If he can get 3 mil out of his current gig-do you really think we should match it?  Jeez, he's not the only savior out there should we have an opening. 

They literally started a fund to keep their coaches that they are fundraising for.  They don't have any more money, this is why coaches leave for bigger gigs.

Also, he is literally at the top of every list of "up and coming coaches" and "hot hires for this year".  He is the Tom Herman at Houston or Urban Meyer at Utah of this season.  Why is this so hard for some people to grasp?

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

They literally started a fund to keep their coaches that they are fundraising for.  They don't have any more money, this is why coaches leave for bigger gigs.

Also, he is literally at the top of every list of "up and coming coaches" and "hot hires for this year".  He is the Tom Herman at Houston or Urban Meyer at Utah of this season.  Why is this so hard for some people to grasp?

Seems like stay or go he wants to improve their ability to keep staff or if he goes to turn it over to an assistant and keep them in good shape. 

34 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Coach Frost's defensive coordinator only makes 400K dollars a year. Nebraska could easily double his salary and right there is a large chunk of that stupid fundraiser they have going on. Nebraska played a special teams coach more than UCF pays for a coordinator. 

Coach Frost will say all of the right things in public but with all of those Nebraska, Iowa and Midwest ties on this staff, they will take the money and go back home and coach. 

Nebraska can more than double the salary of every assistant on his staff and we still wouldn't be near the top in the B1G in salaries. 

35 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He knows his staff will be leaving for more money. They don't get paid enough to stay there if more money is offered at a different job. He isn't going to stay at UCF with a Nebraska offer in hand. 

Edited by jessica0
3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

You have to check out a UCF board. They really hate us, think we're dumb hicks, think there's nothing to do here, think Frost would never come here ......quite an obsession they're having there.

They really don't have a lot to brag about.  Orlando is a hick town itself, just propped up by a bunch of tourist traps (okay, very large grandiose tourist traps).   

7 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

Wish our rebuilding year was like theirs.

Well first of all, we'd have to have a rebuilding year. It's not a rebuilding year unless there's some actual building going on...

4 hours ago, brophog said:

IIRC, he is an area guy (Missouri?) so maybe he has heard something on Frost.

Kansas City area.

7 hours ago, jessica0 said:

He knows his staff will be leaving for more money. They don't get paid enough to stay there if more money is offered at a different job. He isn't going to stay at UCF with a Nebraska offer in hand. 

Maybe i'm the only one, but i'm not sold on Frost's D/C. They seem to give up some big plays every game and a lot of yards. Maryland lost it's q/b so that wasn't really a good gauge on his team against a B1G team. They score a lot so it doesn't seem to be a problem against who they play now. I'm worried if that staff does get hired, if their D/C can stop the teams he will be going up against week after week .BC had a good offense, but his D/C was in over his head. I hope its not the same with Frost's D/C, if the hire is made.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Coach Frost's defensive coordinator only makes 400K dollars a year. Nebraska could easily double his salary and right there is a large chunk of that stupid fundraiser they have going on. Nebraska played a special teams coach more than UCF pays for a coordinator. 

Coach Frost will say all of the right things in public but with all of those Nebraska, Iowa and Midwest ties on this staff, they will take the money and go back home and coach. 

Nebraska can more than double the salary of every assistant on his staff and we still wouldn't be near the top in the B1G in salaries. 

Make it rain then!