** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I still don't think Frost is interested at this point.  If we want him, it will take a visit from Coach Osborne.  

Osborne did visit him. I'm pretty sure he knew some things about the status of our program prior to his arrival.

Link

Edited by FTW

6 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

They really don't have a lot to brag about.  Orlando is a hick town itself, just propped up by a bunch of tourist traps (okay, very large grandiose tourist traps).   

My dad left home in Michigan when he was 15, 70 years ago, and ended up working on a ranch in Immokalee, Fl........he's told that story about a thousand times.

49 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Maybe i'm the only one, but i'm not sold on Frost's D/C. They seem to give up some big plays every game and a lot of yards. Maryland lost it's q/b so that wasn't really a good gauge on his team against a B1G team. They score a lot so it doesn't seem to be a problem against who they play now. I'm worried if that staff does get hired, if their D/C can stop the teams he will be going up against week after week .BC had a good offense, but his D/C was in over his head. I hope its not the same with Frost's D/C, if the hire is made.

GBR!!!

They don't care if they give up some big plays if they are getting turnovers. His DC wants to take the ball away as the top priority.

17 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

They don't care if they give up some big plays if they are getting turnovers. His DC wants to take the ball away as the top priority.

They're also going to naturally give up more yards than most teams because the other team has more possessions than they do against most teams, due to the UCFast offense.  When you score fast, you give the othe team that many more possessions in a game.

Having said that, UCF is still #30 in Total Defense and #17 in Scoring Defense.

My take on the situation is two fold.  One is I don't like the fact that most of the fan base forcing our AD to have to hire Frost.  If he feels Frost is not the best guy he has the fan base turn on him because he didn't hire him.  If he does try to hire him and Scott turn's it down, he is screwed again.  He is our AD, I want him to be successful.  

That leads me to the second part.  I know I am in the minority, but I don't think it is a slam dunk that he would take the job.  There now is word that Florida may need a new coach.  It can be hard to compete with fertile recruiting grounds.This leads to a second problem.  No matter how good another hire might be, part of the fan base won't want him to succeed because they want to be right about Frost.  

The win-win is Moos wants Frost and he comes.  I just think the entire process is not a slam dunk.

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

They're also going to naturally give up more yards than most teams because the other team has more possessions than they do against most teams, due to the UCFast offense.  When you score fast, you give the othe team that many more possessions in a game.

Having said that, UCF is still #30 in Total Defense and #17 in Scoring Defense.

Not saying they are not good on D, just wonder what their D/C  could do against B1G teams. The teams they are playing now, except maybe Navy are not close to what we have in the B1G. Would have liked to seen  that G Tech game played. Our D has been a problem for quite some time. Your not going to win much in the B1G without a decent one.

GBR!!!

1 minute ago, huskered17 said:

Not saying they are not good on D, just wonder what their D/C  could do against B1G teams. The teams they are playing now, except maybe Navy are not close to what we have in the B1G. Would have liked to seen  that G Tech game played. Our D has been a problem for quite some time. Your not going to win much in the B1G without a decent one.

GBR!!!

They destroyed the one BIG team they played.  Not a good one mind you, but did what we should do to lower tier BIG schools. 

26 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

My take on the situation is two fold.  One is I don't like the fact that most of the fan base forcing our AD to have to hire Frost.  If he feels Frost is not the best guy he has the fan base turn on him because he didn't hire him.  If he does try to hire him and Scott turn's it down, he is screwed again.  He is our AD, I want him to be successful.  

Maybe the fan base is tired of our ADs making stupid decisions.  Why would Frost turning us down screw our AD?

3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Maybe the fan base is tired of our ADs making stupid decisions.  Why would Frost turning us down screw our AD?

I didn't say Scott would turn us down to screw the AD, I said the AD is screwed if Frost turns him down.  Remember there were many people that wanted us to hire UCF's AD so we could get Frost.

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

I didn't say Scott would turn us down to screw the AD, I said the AD is screwed if Frost turns him down.  Remember there were many people that wanted us to hire UCF's AD so we could get Frost.

I understood what you said.  I don't understand your reasoning.  AD makes Frost an offer which is what many want.  Frost turns it down.  How is that on Moos?  Because he's Moos and someone Frost doesn't want to work for?   If an AD hires you as a coach, generally you'll get every opportunity to succeed and not be spuriously fired.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The way I understood @Crusader Husker 's initial comment was that Moos would be screwed if he didn't offer Frost.

That makes sense but this didn't

If he does try to hire him and Scott turn's it down, he is screwed again.

I really don't understand some people's comments.  This isn't rocket science but we seem to come up with reasons why we can't get something done.