** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Well on other boards they’ve been tracking flights. Same plane that took Moos from Lincoln to Penn St has made a couple trips to Scottsdale over the weekend and then to Orlando today. What they’re proposing is they went down and had Frost sign a deal similar to what Schiano had signed which is essentially a binding agreement but not the contract on Sunday and then got it officially signed today. I have no claim to this just relaying stuff I’ve read.

1 minute ago, bisonwiches said:

Well on other boards they’ve been tracking flights. Same plane that took Moos from Lincoln to Penn St has made a couple trips to Scottsdale over the weekend and then to Orlando today. What they’re proposing is they went down and had Frost sign a deal similar to what Schiano had signed which is essentially a binding agreement but not the contract on Sunday and then got it officially signed today. I have no claim to this just relaying stuff I’ve read.

Hmmm...why Scottsdale I wonder.  Other non-football related travel.  No confirmation Moos was onboard..just the plane?

2 minutes ago, BoneyardCornhusker said:

Why we going to Scottsdale??

Also from that article Frost mentions there are only a few places i'd leave to coach, obviously Nebraska is one of them, I wonder what the others are or if there are others?

What they’re saying is Frost was there visiting the in laws, as that is where his wife is from? I didn’t care to check as that is a little too personal for my taste. Scott did say on the radio today everyone had the whole weekend off, I don’t know.

Edited by bisonwiches
23 minutes ago, HuskerInATL said:

Agreed. What was even cooler was seeing his two National Championship rings from ‘71 and ‘72 plus his two Super Bowl rings from the Raiders. Also, talking with him about the Ghost to Post game where he made 22 tackles. Very humble man who loves TO and the school. 

That is so awesome. 

11 minutes ago, BoneyardCornhusker said:

Why we going to Scottsdale??

Also from that article Frost mentions there are only a few places i'd leave to coach, obviously Nebraska is one of them, I wonder what the others are or if there are others?

Former ASU staff including Tim Cassidy who was affiliated with the Huskers previously and from Omaha?  He is director of football operations at ASU and maybe they are looking to replace Devaney?  I am just speculating.

http://www.thesundevils.com/coaches.aspx?rc=688&path=football

Billy Napier who spent 5 years at Alabama?

http://www.thesundevils.com/coaches.aspx?rc=699&path=football

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This is a very emotional situation for him. What if he has a last second change of heart and stays?

I venture to guess that he has worked through all of the emotion and I also bet his players already know he's leaving.  They're not stupid and they are online as much as anyone.  However, I think they have just continued to work on winning the CCG.  Perhaps they may feel it will be a tribute to him for all he has taught them, to win that championship. Of course this is just speculation on my part but he's past the 'emotional time' and I think he has mentally moved on.

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

I venture to guess that he has worked through all of the emotion and I also bet his players already know he's leaving.  They're not stupid and they are online as much as anyone.  However, I think they have just continued to work on winning the CCG.  Perhaps they may feel it will be a tribute to him for all he has taught them, to win that championship. Of course this is just speculation on my part but he's past the 'emotional time' and I think he has mentally moved on.

I was initially worried that Frost might want to stay and coach the bowl game, but the way he is talking in interviews, he's putting all the focus on this one game this weekend, and I think once its over, he will turn his entire attention to Nebraska and getting a quick move on his staff and the 2018 class.