** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We have the best facilities in the nation but nbd

I don't think we have the best facilities in the nation, but I would say we are in the top tier.  Every P5 school is investing in facilities nowadays (gotta do something with that TV money since you can't pay the players).  Within our division, Iowa just built a great new facility.  Minny and NW are in the process of building new football facilities.

11 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I read that Leach is not happy at WSU since Moos left. 

"Leach had a good relationship with former WSU athletic director Bill Moos, and after Moos left to take the same job at Nebraska on Oct. 15, Leach made a recommendation to Schulz on a possible successor. The job has yet to be filled, and Leach has grown frustrated by the lack of communication about the search process, a source told Bonagura. John Johnson, the interim AD, will not be considered for the permanent job."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21625326/mike-leach-washington-state-met-tennessee-discuss-head-coaching-vacancy

Which is understandable, but also why Tennessee seems like a horrible fit right now.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think we have the best facilities in the nation, but I would say we are in the top tier.  Every P5 school is investing in facilities nowadays (gotta do something with that TV money since you can't pay the players).  Within our division, Iowa just built a great new facility.  Minny and NW are in the process of building new football facilities.

We have better facilities than every team mentioned in the quote besides A&M and that's facts

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Someone has to explain the facilities thing to me, b/c that seems to be a big thing here and a point of pride for Nebraska fans. 

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

We have great facilities.  Saying they are the best, or anyone else's for that matter, is just subjective to who is grading them.

There is nothing any other school has that Nebraska doesn't have some equivalency.

OK, so does Nebraska have amazing facilities that any coach would want to have or just the same stuff everyone else has?

30 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

"In a vacuum, the Florida job is better, Tennessee is better, UCLA is better, A&M is better, if Florida State opens, that’s better,” Vannini said. “I would probably have Nebraska around the Arkansas level but higher because Arkansas has an incredibly tough division and Nebraska has a much easier division"

Will this sentiment start to change when Frost starts kicking everyone's a**?  Because I'm sick of it.

If we build it, they will come.

Edited by Truth in Ruin
Just now, ATS Knight said:

Someone has to explain the facilities thing to me, b/c that seems to be a big thing here and a point of pride for Nebraska fans. 

OK, so does Nebraska have amazing facilities that any coach would want to have or just the same stuff everyone else has?

When people talk "facilities", I think they are referring to all the bells and whistles that attract recruits.  Nebraska doesn't lack for any of that stuff.  The difference might be that some schools have newer things because they just remodeled or upgraded.  It's a never ending arms race.

Nebraska has amazing facilities.  And it has everything a coach could want or need.  Which is the same for lots of schools.  It's really a nit-picky argument.

11 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Why we going to Scottsdale??

Also from that article Frost mentions there are only a few places i'd leave to coach, obviously Nebraska is one of them, I wonder what the others are or if there are others?

He's also going to announce Sean Miller as basketball coach at the same time.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

"In a vacuum, the Florida job is better, Tennessee is better, UCLA is better, A&M is better, if Florida State opens, that’s better,” Vannini said. “I would probably have Nebraska around the Arkansas level but higher because Arkansas has an incredibly tough division and Nebraska has a much easier division"

Will this sentiment start to change when Frost starts kicking everyone's a**?  Because I'm sick of it.

In a vacuum .... you die with out oxygen, duh.

The difference between the schools listed, is at Tennessee they're tossing random coaches out of the air lock for fun.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Nebraska has things like the Athletic Performance Lab that is cutting edge in all of sports. Several NFL teams have come to learn about what we do and copy it. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Nebraska has things like the Athletic Performance Lab that is cutting edge in all of sports. Several NFL teams have come to learn about what we do and copy it. 

I wonder if part of our pride in our facilities is that we were on the cutting edge when they were first built and other schools copied us? 

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Ok, stuff like that that is unique to UNL makes more sense to me why there is so much pride in the facilities. If it's just a slightly shinier version of what everyone else has, I don't think its a huge draw for coaches or recruits.