** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Ok, stuff like that that is unique to UNL makes more sense to me why there is so much pride in the facilities. If it's just a slightly shinier version of what everyone else has, I don't think its a huge draw for coaches or recruits.

Everyone else is catching up for sure. But things like the lab I mentioned and the fact that Nebraska pioneered strength training in the 70s and 80s are why we have pride still. We have a history of breaking new ground in this area.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=5312405

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/state-of-the-art-performance-lab-helps-get-the-best/article_f1ab9079-5853-5631-8576-1adfcf91e883.html

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 3

Just now, ATS Knight said:

Ok, stuff like that that is unique to UNL makes more sense to me why there is so much pride in the facilities. If it's just a slightly shinier version of what everyone else has, I don't think its a huge draw for coaches or recruits.

Other schools (two in Florida come to mind) have coaches complaining about the lack of facilities, trying to get admin to address it.  Like someone said, it's a huge arms race.  I disagree that it's not a huge draw for coaches/recruits else there wouldn't be the ungodly amounts of money being thrown at constantly innovating/renovating facilities, and coaches complaining about their school's stuff.

51 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

"In a vacuum, the Florida job is better, Tennessee is better, UCLA is better, A&M is better, if Florida State opens, that’s better,” Vannini said. “I would probably have Nebraska around the Arkansas level but higher because Arkansas has an incredibly tough division and Nebraska has a much easier division"

Will this sentiment start to change when Frost starts kicking everyone's a**?  Because I'm sick of it.

Simply put.  A restored NU terrifies the talking heads and dynamically changes the landscape of college football.  Frost restores the order and teams start fearing NU, start getting their a$$es kicked by NU.  Everyone knows this.....I can't wait until people realize they need to quit kicking the sleeping giant.  

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Other schools (two in Florida come to mind) have coaches complaining about the lack of facilities, trying to get admin to address it.  Like someone said, it's a huge arms race.  I disagree that it's not a huge draw for coaches/recruits else there wouldn't be the ungodly amounts of money being thrown at constantly innovating/renovating facilities, and coaches complaining about their school's stuff.

Just wait until UCF builds the lazy river...we'll have to bat away National Championships with a stick.

But, wait! What if other schools starting building their own waterparks? With more roller coasters? Oh no, the arms race has struck again...

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Simply put.  A restored NU terrifies the talking heads and dynamically changes the landscape of college football.  Frost restores the order and teams start fearing NU, start getting their a$$es kicked by NU.  Everyone knows this.....I can't wait until people realize they need to quit kicking the sleeping giant.  

I think many coaches and some talking heads are looking forward to NU returning to power. College football is more fun when Nebraska is winning!

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

We are literally within reasonable reach within 3-5 years to be a more potent version of 2017 Wisconsin. Being in the CFP discussion year in and year out. Focus on decimating the B1G West and plenty of opportunities will arise for the big red in the future.

• Plus1 3

Just wait until UCF builds the lazy river...we'll have to bat away National Championships with a stick.

But, wait! What if other schools starting building their own waterparks? With more roller coasters? Oh no, the arms race has struck again...

We're going all Mall of America at NU soon, just you wait.

Anyway, a lazy river would be really cool.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Not a shot at you or UCF but I don't consider a lazy river, mini golf course or anything of that nature to be top notch facilities. Those are just fancy extras in my book 

Not to say any team doing this doesn't have great facilities, I just consider it a separate thing entirely. 

Edited by Nebfanatic

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not a shot at you or UCF but I don't consider a lazy river, mini golf course or anything of that nature to be top notch facilities. Those are just fancy extras in my book 

Not to say any team doing this doesn't have great facilities, I just consider it a separate thing entirely. 

I'm not offended. I was posting to make fun of how ridiculous the arms race has become and juxtapose Nebraska's Athletic Performance Lab (which helps athletes improve) with a lazy river athletics village (which panders to the fantasies of 18yo's). 

But the arms race to build theme parks and robot butlers is where it will go. There is only so much you can do to increase performance, but there is a lot of money to spend on entertaining teenagers.

Edited by ATS Knight
  • Plus1 3

I'm not offended. I was posting to make fun of how ridiculous the arms race has become and juxtapose Nebraska's Athletic Performance Lab (which helps athletes improve) with a lazy river athletics village (which panders to the fantasies of 18yo's. 

But the arms race to build theme parks and robot butlers is where it will go. There is only so much you can do to increase performance, but there is a lot of money to spend on entertaining teenagers.

Yep. This stuff is generating so much money right now you might as well do those things

36 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We have better facilities than every team mentioned in the quote besides A&M and that's facts

Debatable.  Every big time P5 school either currently has awesome facilities or will have a new facility built in a couple years.  Like I said earlier, schools have to do something with all that TV cash.

UCLA just built new facilities that opened this fall - http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-training-center-unfurled-20170802-htmlstory.html

UF is in the process of building new facilities - https://florida.247sports.com/Article/UF-releases-video-of-new-football-facility-51427595

FSU is in the process of upgrading their facilities - http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2017/04/29/massive-facility-upgrades-coming-fsu/101067040/

UT's new football complex opened in 2013, so i doubt it is too far behind ours - http://www.utsports.com/facilities/?id=11

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, JimmyBuckets said:

We are literally within reasonable reach within 3-5 years to be a more potent version of 2017 Wisconsin. Being in the CFP discussion year in and year out. Focus on decimating the B1G West and plenty of opportunities will arise for the big red in the future.

There is no reasonable reason. Diaco covered this.