** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

5a21742979cc5_ScreenShot2017-12-01at8_20_38AM.png.e6a85b640382eb401027024bb24a9436.png

Wow if this is true, it's not just the fans making UT look bad. This would be the equivalent of TO interfering in past hires/searches which obviously I can't imagine.

Wow, and that would have been a great hire given the circumstances. Tennessee is going to end up with the former head coach of Knoxville High

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Debatable.  Every big time P5 school either currently has awesome facilities or will have a new facility built in a couple years.  Like I said earlier, schools have to do something with all that TV cash.

UCLA just built new facilities that opened this fall - http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-training-center-unfurled-20170802-htmlstory.html

UF is in the process of building new facilities - https://florida.247sports.com/Article/UF-releases-video-of-new-football-facility-51427595

FSU is in the process of upgrading their facilities - http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2017/04/29/massive-facility-upgrades-coming-fsu/101067040/

UT's new football complex opened in 2013, so i doubt it is too far behind ours - http://www.utsports.com/facilities/?id=11

Fair enough. I've just heard grumbling from all of those schools (forgot UCLA just opened the wasserman though) that they needed better facilities or that their facilities were a little lacking. You don't hear anything of the sort around here. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I'm not offended. I was posting to make fun of how ridiculous the arms race has become and juxtapose Nebraska's Athletic Performance Lab (which helps athletes improve) with a lazy river athletics village (which panders to the fantasies of 18yo's). 

But the arms race to build theme parks and robot butlers is where it will go. There is only so much you can do to increase performance, but there is a lot of money to spend on entertaining teenagers.

It does get way out of hand, but cfb is a mega business.  It's as ridiculous as coaches salaries being so skyhigh.  10 years ago, what UCF is now paying Scott would have made his salary one of the highest in the country.   Now, we have guys making 8+.. it's ridiculously inflated. ... but you gotta do it if you're wanting to keep up with the joneses or be better than the joneses.  You'd think there'd be a plateau coming soon, but it's not happening.

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Every time I think that Tennessee can’t make themselves look worse they just one up me. The are seriously the College football equivalent of tranquilized Frank the Tank at the birthday party in Old School

You know that cute girl that you later find out is kind of cuckoo for coco puffs...

...even she isn't going to Tennessee at this point.

• Plus1 3

Tennessee wanted Tee Martin as their coach from the beginning, but knew they couldn't hire him outright because the press would question his lack of experience.  So the administration put a plan in place to drive away every experienced coach in Div1 football and pave the way for Martin.

It's a brilliant strategy, actually.  Forrest fires use the same strategy to clear out older trees so the young trees can grow.  You just have to be willing to loose everything for a couple decades and wait for the trees to grow back.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

It does get way out of hand, but cfb is a mega business.  It's as ridiculous as coaches salaries being so skyhigh.  10 years ago, what UCF is now paying Scott would have made his salary one of the highest in the country.   Now, we have guys making 8+.. it's ridiculously inflated. ... but you gotta do it if you're wanting to keep up with the joneses or be better than the joneses.  You'd think there'd be a plateau coming soon, but it's not happening.

It makes sense, though. There are CEOs that make millions, but it is difficult to tell how much better they're doing than a replacement-level CEO. Or an average person with some training.

But with coaching, you can tell. It is way too easy to tell how good your coach is versus a replacement-level coach. And no average joe with training could just step in. 

Therefore, they're worth a lot of money, because there are finite resources (people) available. Like NFL quarterbacks.

• Plus1 1

It occurred to me this morning that a whole generation of Nebraska fans have never experienced the pride that goes with a Championship team in Lincoln. 

Today the football program is an embarrassing shell of days gone past. For years now we have stood unwavering by the Husker program. Hanging on to the small hope that the glory of champions are within their grasp. But only disappointment prevailed. Small slivers of hope throughout the years that never came to fruition. Its been hard no doubt. But we've been proud.

Tomorrow my friends hope has a new meaning. Its real and it will sustain for years. We know it may take a while so no disappointments are in our future for quite some time.

Tomorrow we all hang our heads high!

He's coming home!

And hope will be a thing of the past!

• Plus1 4