** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I do think however, that the jobs that are going to be available are not that great as of right now.  LSU just hired Oregeron, whom I have always considered a bust, but they will at least give him one more year, won't they?

Aggies at Texas.........if they were in the Big 12, it would be a great job.  SEC, has made them into a patsy.  Alabama has such a strangle hold on that right now, who would want it.  

Tennessee, well same as A/M.  SEC.

Frost will either come here, or go to the Pac 12 or Big 12.  Coaches don't last long in SEC at any school.  Pac 12 and Big 12 run wide open offenses that would suit him and his current style.  Nebraska is home, but it remains to be known if he wants to be "home".

NCAA football D-1 coaches.  Most are recycled from one program to the next.  Take a look at all the coaches in the nation, and most have coached elsewhere before and either flopped or just didn't do enough.  There very few coaches in the game right now that have fairly clean slates.  I watched 3 football games today.  Georgia Tech vs  UNC.  Baylor vs KSU.  UCF  vs  Memphis.

My personal favorite was UCF because of the way they played with emotion and played hard the whole game.  2nd was GT.  Still love the triple option.  So, other than Scott Frost, I would entertain Paul Johnson.  I think what he has done at Ga Tech is pretty darn good.  I think he could produce here, but just don't know his age and committment level for the future.

15 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Their first TD told me a lot

Their second TD told me more. I say that because this didn't start out as a dominating win, but a possible shootout. Get the TD, but fail on the try. Then Memphis marches down and scores on a drive UCF tackled poorly on. They kept trying to hit the snot out of em and flew by the ball carrier, barely getting arm tackles. Eventually UCF marches down, but has to settle for a FG, then Memphis marches down for what looks like the go ahead TD in a potential barnburner....turnover...then that big run. At that point UCF had taken their punch and returned an uppercut.

Odds of Riley being here after this season are not great.  I see him having about a 25% chance of returning.  We are 3-2 right now.  I have a feeling we will be 3-4 this time in two weeks.  At best 4-3.

Thanks LSU, at least we are not the last power 5 team to lose to a non power 5 team!

Not trying to be negative Nancy, but the teams we have played thus far, just haven't been great teams.  Even Oregon has lost some luster.  Now knowing that, and seeing our next few games on the schedule, I just don't see an optimistic ending.

I see optimism in Frost and what he might be able to do here in a short time.

6 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

are we sure he wants to leave ucf? 

huge recruiting base

orlando is a fun city to live

easy conference

no state income tax

no pressure to win

if ucf gives him a big raise, it's going to take a huge amount to get him to leave.

UCF can at best be 2000s Boise State.  Slay a giant every couple of years.

he will leave.

2 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

His pay right now is 1.8 million.

we can double if not triple it plus his staffers.

Ive changed my mind about everything today. I'm all in on going to get Frost this year.

bo/riley both got 2.5 to start. what makes you think we'll fork over 5 mil for frost?

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic