** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

15 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I think when we get to December, we will have made the most unifying hire we could have possibly made; maybe in the history of the program? I don't know about compared to Osborne, but I UCF runs the table two years removed from being winless, on top of the rest of his resume, I think the fans that oppose him will be few and far between.

Hell, as of right now, I bet he's the coach the majority of Husker fans want coaching the team next year.

True. I don't think he even has to go undefeated though. I think most fans would be ecstatic if UCF was 10-2 and then Frost left for Lincoln. 

I want Riley leading our team next year, that will mean this team got better and did well this season. But if he's gone, I want Frost. Maybe not Trev Alberts, but I'll take Frost for sure. THAT SAID IF WE HIRE FROST WE MUST GIVE HIM AT LEAST 5 YEARS. If he isn't embarrassing the program with losses to MAC opponents maybe 8. If we get Frost we must be patient and let things run their course.

Thank goodness for Nick Saban.  No coach in their right mind would take a job in the SEC knowing they have to face up that monster.  LSU is screwed with Coach O, dude is a great motivator and can succeed in small spurts (case in point, USC interim job) but no one in their right mind should turn the keys over.  LSU is going to be in a similar spot as NU where they clip their AD first and then possibly their coach.  Alleva is a world of trouble.  Gotta think Petrino is going somewhere if Jackson leaves for the NFL.  When Jurich got canned I think I read that Petrino's buyout got cut in half.  

As for Frost, a tip of the cap to him.  UCF looked dynamite last night.  My only knock on him for the Nebraska job was lack of HC experience.  If he can flip UCF into a 10 win team 2 years after they went winless, he's got a believer in me.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

I want Riley leading our team next year, that will mean this team got better and did well this season. But if he's gone, I want Frost. Maybe not Trev Alberts, but I'll take Frost for sure. THAT SAID IF WE HIRE FROST WE MUST GIVE HIM AT LEAST 5 YEARS. If he isn't embarrassing the program with losses to MAC opponents maybe 8. If we get Frost we must be patient and let things run their course.

And, if a new head coach is brought in for the 2018 season, chances are you're almost going to have to completely vacate 2018 and pretend it doesn't happen. A potentially all new staff with different philosophies going up against that schedule? And a horrendous home game schedule?

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
55 minutes ago, Enhance said:

And, if a new head coach is brought in for the 2018 season, chances are you're almost going to have to completely vacate 2018 and pretend it doesn't happen. A potentially all new staff with different philosophies going up against that schedule? And a horrendous home game schedule?

giphy.gif

Yea I think the transition won't be easy and I think we would definitely see POB or Gebbia as the starter but I think either could actually do well in Frosts offense. We have decent line talent and I think his scheme would make blocking slightly 'easier' so it might not be too terrible. 

Looking at UCF's schedule, they could easily go 10-1 in the regular season and if they win the AAC they would likely make a NY6 bowl. 

8 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I like Scott Frost a lot, and he will be a great P5 coach someday.  But I think it's a little arrogant to think we are the only good option for him and we can have him for 8 years or more.  

I don't. He played for us and won a MNC here. If he comes here, he's here to stay.

I asked Fearless Frankie if Frosty was coming here and he shook his head "yes"....FWIW.

9 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I like Scott Frost a lot, and he will be a great P5 coach someday.  But I think it's a little arrogant to think we are the only good option for him and we can have him for 8 years or more.  

If he wins us a couple of conference titles and splits so be it but otherwise I don't think 8 years is an unreasonable amount of time to stay at a program as a coach if you aren't having high levels of success right away. 

23 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I agree with this to an extent.  I believe if we pay him what he's worth on the market, he's gonna be a Husker again.

If for some odd reason we try to go cheap, we are screwed.  I think it's going to 4 - 4.5 with a lot of incentives.

Frost has put an excellent product on the field at UCF.

I hope since the influence and power to run the football program is shifting back that things are already happening behind the scenes to get Frost.

........and put the term "transition year" to rest.

9 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I think when we get to December, we will have made the most unifying hire we could have possibly made; maybe in the history of the program? I don't know about compared to Osborne, but I UCF runs the table two years removed from being winless, on top of the rest of his resume, I think the fans that oppose him will be few and far between.

Hell, as of right now, I bet he's the coach the majority of Husker fans want coaching the team next year.

I was thinking this season is his audition for the job as well.

I don't think he even has to run the table for virtually everyone to be on board.  Just win most of them and be competitive in all of them.

• Plus1 2
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic