** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Frost has dual threat QB's.  Why would he keep a couple of pocket passing guys here, when they could go elsewhere and be who they are?  Gebbia and POB are not dual threat.  They can't run those plays that Milton runs for UCF.  Vedral, a local kid, might come with him and in two years we are deep in dual threat players.  What Riley and his crew have brought in here are statue players.  One dimensional.  UCF has athletes and finds a home for them if they can ball.  I am not sure that any of these players would even sniff the field under Frost.  First off, they will have to show some kind of passion.  Passion for the school, and passion for the team.  I think that would weed out a lot of players like Keyshawn Jr and co.

Are you specifically talking about QBs or the whole roster in general?

42 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Are you specifically talking about QBs or the whole roster in general?

Basically our Qb's wouldn't really fit into what Frost is doing at UCF.  I don't, and I don't think anyone knows what he would do here as far as a scheme on offense.  Right now its all just a pipe dream.  Its hard to think about the future when we don't really know what that future is yet.  I don't like Riley's ways, but do like the guy as a person.  Hate to see a team lose games just so we can move forward, but in all reality thats whats up right now.

Gebbia I think is fleet on his feet, but not classified as a dual threat type.  Could he be efficient as a runner/slash passer, maybe?  Would he want too is the question.  Regardless, there are alot of dual threat guys out there.  I remember Cally's first year, trying to make Daily a pocket passer, and know how that worked!

If Riley could get this current team to play with the passion that UCF had last night, man, woman and child, I might root harder for his success.  That is what I think is missing more than x and o's.  We don't play like our hair is on fire at all, and haven't since maybe the year we lost to Texas in the Big 12 champ game.  Now this season, we axed the AD already and really the writing on the wall is Riley is gone regardless.  So, passion, its going to be hard to find out there this season.  Gifford, local kid, has that passion, and it shows.

3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Keyshawn is loyal (was) to Riley, not Nebraska.  The dude would have stayed here if loyal to the school.  Come on.  Keyshawn saved face with removing his son from here from doing something most of these kids do.  You think the first time Jr smoked some weed was here on this campus.................?  I heard the kid liked his teammates and  coaches, but this wasn't California.   Missed home,  went home.  End of story.

You realize he's already been back to Nebraska on his own time, right? He was in Lincoln just last weekend.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

If Riley could get this current team to play with the passion that UCF had last night, man, woman and child, I might root harder for his success.  That is what I think is missing more than x and o's.  We don't play like our hair is on fire at all, and haven't since maybe the year we lost to Texas in the Big 12 champ game.  Now this season, we axed the AD already and really the writing on the wall is Riley is gone regardless.  So, passion, its going to be hard to find out there this season.  Gifford, local kid, has that passion, and it shows.

lombardi_quote_scott_frost_mike_riley.jp

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Keyshawn is loyal (was) to Riley, not Nebraska.  The dude would have stayed here if loyal to the school.  Come on.  Keyshawn saved face with removing his son from here from doing something most of these kids do.  You think the first time Jr smoked some weed was here on this campus.................?  I heard the kid liked his teammates and  coaches, but this wasn't California.   Missed home,  went home.  End of story.

IMG_0930.GIF

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Toe said:

You realize he's already been back to Nebraska on his own time, right? He was in Lincoln just last weekend.

That means nothing other than what I said.  He like his teammates and coaches here, but kind of missed home.  Riley is the biggest reason he is looking at coming in the first place.  Key Sr likes Riley.  I wasn't really degrading him at all.  I dont think Key JR will come here once Riley is gone.  He wasn't a Nebraska recruit, a Riley recruit.  Isn't that the name of the game in recruiting.

2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

That means nothing other than what I said.  He like his teammates and coaches here, but kind of missed home.  Riley is the biggest reason he is looking at coming in the first place.  Key Sr likes Riley.  I wasn't really degrading him at all.  I dont think Key JR will come here once Riley is gone.  He wasn't a Nebraska recruit, a Riley recruit.  Isn't that the name of the game in recruiting.

For some. Not all.

you don't have to look very far back to see which guys were Bo recruits but Riley convinced them to sign, hell a bunch of them are starting or playing.

The coaches listed on this thread:

Frost defeated Maryland and their hot coach.  Maryland defeated Minny and their hot coach

Frost defeated Memphis and their hot coach. With a very balanced attack 50/50 run/pass

Mullen is 3-2  same record as MR.

Patterson - probably not leaving TCU - he has a good thing going there and will be competing for the Big 12 championship.

Give me some :koolaid2:  I'm officially on the Frost Train.     While I had hoped he'd have one more year as HC, I think he is proving his readiness now. 

If UCF played NU now, UCF wins. 

• Plus1 1

I just wish these things would transpire...

1st - Mike Riley salvages this season respectfully.

2nd- Tom Osborne whispers in Frost's ear, "Wait until 2018"

3rd- MR finishes this year and gets to continue coaching this team into the 2018 season, knowing it will be his last.

4th- MR keeps and continues to build this recruiting class

5th- Frost keeps Williams-squared and Parella on his staff.

I'd love this.

• Plus1 2
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic