** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

So where are you posting from, as a UCF fan? Where are you as you type this stuff?

I don't really post, I lurk. The unmoderated board I'm on is the free Rivals one and I also lurk on the csnbbs AAC board. The later is a conference board and not a great source of info, but the reasonable UCF fans seem to hang out there. 

FYI, the Rivals UCF board is flooded with "Nebraska" fans, but there are enough real fans apologizing that y'all look better than other fanbases. 

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

I don't really post, I lurk. The unmoderated board I'm on is the free Rivals one and I also lurk on the csnbbs AAC board. The later is a conference board and not a great source of info, but the reasonable UCF fans seem to hang out there. 

FYI, the Rivals UCF board is flooded with "Nebraska" fans, but there are enough real fans apologizing that y'all look better than other fanbases. 

Damn, ATS representing the Frost N avatar! Fastest fan flip ever.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I have sometimes travelled to other fans boards during the bowl season to discuss playing them, get their thoughts on the game etc.....Never trash them in their house. It's their board...... Just exchange ideas and opinions and learn about their team.  Also a way to gauge outsiders opinions about the Huskers.  I'm kind of biased and blinded as a Husker fan.

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Scott just had his kid IIRC, but the paralells are there. My wife moved to Florida as a teen, her father attended all three Uni's Nebraska, then Florida and UCF (the three most talked about Uni's in this thread). My wife is a gators fan (kinda sorta) and I don't mind them since they didn't have a history of beating the crap out of us in the Orange Bowl. So I've followed both UF and UCF closer these last 6 or 7 years than I had the rest of my life. 

My mother-in-law was up in arms the day Eichorst was hired. I was hoping she was wrong, she hates Miami but still recognized the damage he did there. She had zero confidence in Riley from the start if for no other reason than the guy that hired him. I was optimistic and it sucks when you have to admit your mother-in-law was right.

Also I was SUPPOSED to go to the infamous UCF game where Scott got boo'd (depending on who you ask) but my mom got pick-pocketed shortly after she bought the tickets and I couldn't go. I listened on the radio as some no name QB named Daunte Cul-something gave us more fits then they were supposed to. I was a Frankie London guy because he reminded me of other short QB from Louisiana..... but I never would have boo'd Scott or any other Husker. 

I was at that game and it was not Scott Frost that got the boos that day - it was Osborne - because he put Frankie London in to QB in the second quarter and he was all fired up and played well and led the offense on a nice TD drive and the crowd cheered loudly - and the boos happened when on the very next series Frost was back in there at QB and the fans wanted more London and felt Tom had purposefully benched him so as to quickly nix any "QB controversy" that would have easily brewed up if London had played well another couple series.   

The fans were not overjoyed with Frost after the Arizona debacle and of course many resented the fact he had turned us down in favor of Bill Walsh - even to go out and play safety instead of QB.   Tom recruited him hard but lost out to the 'west coast wizard' and the Joe Montana allure.  Maybe it wasn't fair but there were also rumors that Scott's father, Larry, had been asking for a job in the athletic department along with Scott's scholarship.   I have no idea if this was true at all but there was definately some 'there' there.   Of course, the L. Phillips episode also didn't help Frost either as many put some of the blame for that mess on him as well for sneaking around with LP's girlfriend while the team was out of town to Michigan State.   

Again, most of the boos, and there were plenty, were aimed at Tom, not Scott personally, as the second string QB is always a fan favorite and when they get in and do well, they don't like to see them yanked immediately.   Just want to clarify this for so many who may not have direct personal recall of the time.   Newspaper stories were not very clear as there was a definate effort to keep Frost's name out of the many stories as they were not all that pleasant to read.

• Plus1 2