** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Chip Kelly going to UCLA is not good for us.  Now Florida will make another hard-core pitch for SF, who was their real first choice anyway.  It means more anxiety for us.

I hope that those who say SF is coming home are correct.  For me, I'll be worried until I see the press conference announcing him.

BTW, I think the story that Nebraska reached out to Chip Kelly is BS!  Just some publicity guy or agent trying to up Chip's value by saying that several teams want him.  Nice try.  I ain't buying it.

Scott Frost has been our first choice all along!

• Plus1 1

Just now, Mavric said:

Yes, but all the talk the last couple days has him going to UCLA.

Not a done deal but it sure seems like that's the way it's headed.

I’m with you in that I believe Chip Dip is going to UCLA-it just makes sense but that article is misleading as he hasn’t made the decision yet. 

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yes, but all the talk the last couple days has him going to UCLA.

Not a done deal but it sure seems like that's the way it's headed.

All the talk when Bo was fired had Nebraska looking at many people.

None of the talk was about Mike Riley. 

Let's remember that most of that "talk" is just journos needing clicks, and parroting each other's rumors.

Just now, knapplc said:

All the talk when Bo was fired had Nebraska looking at many people.

None of the talk was about Mike Riley. 

Let's remember that most of that "talk" is just journos needing clicks, and parroting each other's rumors.

The caveat to this is the general assumption in a coaching search is that they are attempting to find the best candidate.

By all accounts, Eichorst just asked a couple people he knew and then hired Riley.

If Moos isn't looking at all the options and possible coaches, then he is a fool and we will live to regret his employ.   We need an AD that is aggressive and intelligent and KNOWS football and the realm of college football particularly.   We have to make a great hire and then a MASSIVE promo effort that is steady, consistant and durable for many years to come.   Despite all the wishful thinking by so many on this board, NU football has a LONG way to go to be where we all want and expect it to be nationally.   We are NOT top ten, NOT top twenty, NOT top thirty and haven't been for years really.   We've have brief flashes of life for a few games in a row here and there but overall, we've not been "Nebraska" since Y2K.   

Can Frost do it?   I see no reason why not, provided he gets the supprt of all the fans, the admin, Tom Osborne comes out publicly early and often and remains there to help in whatever ways possible.  TO must support him with his words and actions.   The fan base will not wait long enough without a stable support of someone of real stature.  

There are other coaches that could do well at NU as well so whether or not it is Frost, the fans must be supportive and encouraging and give him a real, lasting chance.   

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The caveat to this is the general assumption in a coaching search is that they are attempting to find the best candidate.

By all accounts, Eichorst just asked a couple people he knew and then hired Riley.

I'm just saying that if there's no source, it's likely the typical journalist looking for hits than actual news.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm just saying that if there's no source, it's likely the typical journalist looking for hits than actual news.

It depends on what you want as a "source".  The 247 article cited "several coaches who have coached with Kelly" and I think another couple people but the link doesn't work anymore so I can't find the exact quote.

• Plus1 1