** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Don't forget Petersen, and Patterson!

Frost is N, so all this speculation is simply for entertainment. However, I think Petersen would've been realistic. Patterson, no. Simply because of his feeling disrespected that last time he interviewed.

Edit: To be clear, not that Peterson would've been probable, but there is a window.

Edited by hskrpwr13
2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Patterson HC and Peterson OC and head coach in waiting. Confirmed. 

I wonder if Frank wants to come out of retirement and coach up our ST's? Beamer Ball!!

1 minute ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Frost is N, so all this speculation is simply for entertainment. However, I think Petersen would've been realistic. Patterson, no. Simply because of his feeling disrespected that last time he interviewed.

Why would he leave a program in an area of the country he's comfortable in coming off a CFB Playoff appearance?

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Helfrich won't be a coordinator again. Chinander is ok but I'm hoping there is some weight behind the Grinch rumors. 

I could see Helfrich joining Kelly's staff as an OC pretty easily to rebuild some coaching currency and use that as a springboard into another HC opportunity.  While I'd love to see Helfrich join Frost's staff as I think he's a great offensive mind I'd be curious how that plays out as there would be a role reversal from their Oregon days and it might not be a good fit.  If Frost brings both Walters and the DC with him I wouldn't be totally stunned to see UCF hire Helfrich as their HC either.

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

I could see Helfrich joining Kelly's staff as an OC pretty easily to rebuild some coaching currency and use that as a springboard into another HC opportunity.  While I'd love to see Helfrich join Frost's staff as I think he's a great offensive mind I'd be curious how that plays out as there would be a role reversal from their Oregon days and it might not be a good fit.  If Frost brings both Walters and the DC with him I wouldn't be totally stunned to see UCF hire Helfrich as their HC either.

Can't argue with what you just said. Definitely could see the Kelly scenario but that is the only one in which I see him going back to OC. It's interesting to me it seems like Oregon was doing pretty well under Helfrich until Frost left. 4 win season after he took the UCF job, but maybe that would have happened anyway.