** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

Pay attention to all this media crap. A few days ago everyone on here was told that Frost was coming. During that time big media outlets and their minions kept hinting Florida or Tennessee, and hardly mentioned Nebraska. Now all of the sudden, Frost is turning down jobs. Those jobs were turned down a long time ago.. You all are now in the know and see how ridiculous this media train is. Most are not credible and are as clueless as anyone. This is a prime example of the bias and motive to keep SEC teams relevant and in your minds. This is the crap that Nebraska has to fight. Frost was never going to put those two teams ahead of Nebraska. Wolken, Feldman, gtfo. 

Actually, ESPN did say on a number of occasions that Nebraska is interested in Frost and that it is his alma mater and he might accept the job. Let us not add to the hype of them against us. That does not help our cause and simply shows us as petty fans. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

Frost could still stay in UCF. There's nothing guaranteed at this point, and this thread is more you looking for personal glory than doing anything useful.

Frost won't stay at UCF, and this has nothing to do with personal glory, get over your power trip and enjoy the fact we are headed to better times in football land

Just now, knapplc said:

No, you don't. This is dumb.

Want to put your money where your mouth is guy?

This is pretty much what I thought would happen, really did not see him going anywhere but Nebraska, but felt there was a good chance he might stay at UCF.  I am not certain he has made up his mind on either one of them yet.  I am leaning he is coming to Nebraska, but UCF has upped their ante and once you have so much money, the real need for more is gone.  He is a down to earth man.  Very similar to Coach Osborne, whom we all know he idolizes.  Come home and try and restore to the level of his idol, or make his own dynasty.  Can he do it at UCF.  

His major problem is the conference, and now will be the problem of scheduling power 5 teams that will agree to schedule UCF.

For his coaching future it is a tough call.  If he comes home and can not overcome the problems it is the end of bright coaching future.  He stays at UCF, continues winning, drawing from the rich recruiting area, he grows.  Watching the USF/UCF game the other night, I noticed how close the teams really were.  The kids congratulating the other team on a good play, helping each other up.  To me that would indicate they all talk and that would make recruiting much easier there.

I agree there is an offer on the table, and from our side it seems almost impossible he would stay, but we are not dealing with a guy that is all about money.  He is real coach, an educator and a man of character.  No one will be happier if he comes home, but I can deal with him staying where he is, if that is his decision.  Which ever gets him,  they are getting a good coach, but a better man.