** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Ummmm...no?  117th against the run?  Only 14 sacks all year? 

Hughes was 32nd against run in 2016...7th in 2015....I fail to see why this is even a debate 

Well, Hughes didn't even coach at Nebraska in 2016

He also signed 0 players, and pissed off two NFL level DL so much they couldn't get out of here fast enough (Collins, Valentine) along with burning multiple bridges with recruits.

So ya, it really isn't debatable.

• Plus1 1

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

Parella, like everyone else on Riley’s staff is a ?

Id go with who I know, not with who was a Husker.

Riley went with who he knew from Oregon State and look where it got us. It really should be the best man for the job, but if all else is equal, I would give the edge to someone that has Husker ties, especially if they were around when Nebraska was relevant.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think it’s a fair assessment.  Diaco’s incompetence may have overshadowed Parella, but the DL was as unproductive as any other unit on the team.

The jury is out on Parella. Had his D-Line put up serviceable numbers this year it'd be tough to argue. I know he's one of our own, but a clean slate method might just be what the doctor ordered.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Again, Diacos two gap system really doesn't allow for a disruptive DLine unless you've got studs like Crick, Collins, or Suh. But I agree, they needed to be better.

Yeah, the 3-4 you really have got to have 3 outstanding linemen, period. I've argued before that the 4-3 allows for more versatility. If his DC comes, I'm not sure you run a multiple defense in this league. Big 12? Sure. But in the B1G, our identity on defense will mean just as much as our identity on offense if not more.

I know Scott's DC is multiple and can run a 3-4 and a 4-3. I think people saw the USF game and immediately it threw up a red flag. People have to keep in mind, his defense is very aggressive and ball hawking.

Just now, FTW said:

Yeah, the 3-4 you really have got to have 3 outstanding linemen, period. I've argued before that the 4-3 allows for more versatility. If his DC comes, I'm not sure you run a multiple defense in this league. Big 12? Sure. But in the B1G, our identity on defense will mean just as much as our identity on offense if not more.

I know Scott's DC is multiple and can run a 3-4 and a 4-3. I think people saw the USF game and immediately it threw up a red flag. People have to keep in mind, his defense is very aggressive and ball hawking.

Not to mention USF's QB is absolutely devastating to any defense.  The kid can play.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

yeah I forgot he joined in 2016.  So perhaps it is on Diaco bc he faired pretty well in 2016.  

So the question now is what does Chinander run?  b/c I'm not sold on anything 3-4 with this group of players.

Not sure...the UCF games I have watched I was not overly impressed with their defense.  It was ok but not dominant.  

Another strike against Chinander is that he is an Iowa grad.